Whether you gather in-person or virtually this year, you can still take steps to end local hunger! The Common Heart Hunger Walk is a great chance to join in solidarity to raise awareness about hunger in our community and raise funds to support Common Heart's food pantry programs.
On Sunday, March 6, 2022, join us at Crooked Creek Park in Indian Trail or go for a walk around your neighborhood, a park, or anywhere else you desire. Along the way, share photos online and know that hundreds of your neighbors are also walking in support of ending local hunger and poverty at the same time!
It is hard to believe...
- In Union County, it's estimated over 26,500 adults and children are hungry or facing the threat of hunger.
- Common Heart's 10 food pantries are a lifeline for our hungry neighbors. In 2021, Common Heart served 10,861 individuals an average of 12 times.
Take steps to end local hunger!
- Register to walk
- Create a personal fundraiser and invite friends to support your effort to feed hungry families
- Donate to make a difference
- Share on social media
As a Walker you will receive...
- 2022 Common Heart Hunger Walk T-shirt!
- Personal fundraising website to invite your friends to support your effort to feed hungry families!
- Compete for prizes for you and win a trophy for your team!
All proceeds from the walk provide food to hungry families through Common Heart's local food pantries serving Union County and surrounding areas.
In addition to addressing local hunger, Common Heart offers innovative programs for families to learn how to get ahead and get engaged in creating a sustainable community where all can thrive. For more information on our economic empowerment programs CLICK HERE.