This year, LESA USA will mark her 18TH ANNIVERSARY with a 5K Run/Walk in the beautiful city of Redondo Beach.
Redondo Beach is one of the three Beach Cities located in Los Angeles County, California, United States. The City of Redondo Beach has been a preferred resort destination for more than a century. A coastline and beaches rivalling the most beautiful Mediterranean resorts, a pleasure Pier for strolling.Yes, this is where we will be hosting our LESA USA Convention.This is where we will be raising funds to foster and promote the education and health of THE GIRL CHILD IN AFRICA AND AROUND THE WORLD
Lourdes Ex-Students Association, USA (LESA-USA) is a 501(c) 3 non-profit organisation, an organisation of alumni of Our Lady of Lourdes Secondary School, an all-girls school opened in 1963 in Cameroon, Africa.
Our primary mission is to support and provide a healthy environment for the education of young girls through our many charity programs. Since its creation in 1997, LESA USA has a legacy of providing charitable services to our Alma Mater and has successfully completed several historical projects and we are grateful for your support.
- LESA USA Inc.’s Mission: To foster and promote the education and health of the Girl Child in Africa and around the world
- LESA’s USA Inc.’s Vision: To help every Girl Child the opportunity to live to her full potential.
Event details and schedule
How To Dress for a 5K
So you are getting ready for your first 5K and have NO idea what to wear.
- We got Tshirts for you.
- If you are carrying items with you, know how you will carry them. SPIbelt, flip belt, hand, pocket, whatever – make sure you have practised running/walking like this.
- Don’t forget sunglasses – you might need them. It's going to be by the beach hmmmm...
- Figure out what you will do about your hair – need a hair band, a hair tie, etc.
- And finally, don’t worry too much about what you wear – you will see a little of everything on the race course. Wear what works for you!
Unwritten 5K Rules
- If you can run the 5K in under 20 minutes, start on the front row.
- If you are walking the 5K, be on the last row.
- Walkers should stay to the right so that runners can pass you on the left.
- It is perfectly acceptable to throw your water cup on the ground, but if you stand there and drink the water (a) get out of the way and (b) throw your cup in the trash can.
- Don’t run anyone over – and if you do, stop and help them up.
- When you cross the finish line – KEEP MOVING. If you stop, someone is likely to run into you. This is also true on the race course – if you have to stop, move to the right and look behind you.
- Waivers and ID