Celebrate New Years with a New You! Get started towards your New Years Resolution with a 10K or a 5K running/walking race that uses the beautiful Depot Park and Hawthorne Trials as a backdrop. So come and ring in the New Year by putting on your game face.
This is a healthy, fun, safe, pet-friendly and family oriented way to ring in the New Year and get Started towards a Healthier You! Runners will not go home hungry as there will be a healthy supply of food and drink after the race to fuel up!
DIRECTIONS TO EVENT: The race is at Depot Park, 200 SE Depot Ave, Gainesville, FL 32601-7004.
Timed 5K and 10K.
One Mile Fun run.
Specifically designed medals for the runners and participants!
Walk in registration and packet pick-up is available from January 22nd at 10:00AM through Friday, January 25th at 5:00PM at Anytime Fitness Gainesville. 7070 SW Archer Rd.
- Can I participate If I'm under the age of 18? Yes this is an event open to all ages, families and friends all welcome!
- Can I walk? Absolutely, for any of the races you are welcome to walk, walk/run, walk/jog. Whatever you choose!
- Are there prizes for top finishers? Yes, there will be specific medals for the top two runners in age and gender categories.
- Do I get a T-Shirt? Yes, the first 200 participants will get a T-Shirt
- Is there food? Yes, There will be small snacks and drinks provided.
- Where do I pick up my race packet? You may also pick up your pre-registered packet or register for the event Saturday, January 26th starting at 7:00AM until 8:00AM at Depot Park. Others are allowed to pick up your packet for you.
- Do need to be super fit? No, participants can go at their own pace.
RACE CONTACT: 352-580-0196
You may also pick up your pre-registered packet or register for the event Saturday, January 26th starting at 7:00AM until 8:00AM at Depot Park. Others are allowed to pick up your packet for you.
There is ample parking at Depot Park in the main parking lot. There is also an over-flow lot across the street.
The start/finish line is the same location at Depot Park. The 5K and 10K will do an out and back around the Lake and out into Hawthorne Trail. A water stop will be located midway on the 5K, so early on the 10K. Finishers medals will be handed out at the finish line. Snacks and water will be provided after the race to help you kick off 2019 and the New You!