About This Event
Join Kalamazoo Area Runners (KAR) and MRC Industries, Inc. for an annual community tradition. The 41st Annual Kalamazoo Klassic, presented by Kalamazoo Area Runners (KAR) and MRC Industries, Inc., will be held Friday June 14th and Saturday June 15th, 2019. Join us Friday evening for the Kids’ Klassic 1k and 2k, organized by Gazelle Sports, and Saturday morning for the Kalamazoo Klassic 10k Run, 5k Run & Walk.
41st Annual Event Highlights
- The 5k Run serves as the Road Runners Club of America (RRCA) National Championship Event
- Thanks to the generosity of Mercantile Bank, all finishers in the 5k run, 5k walk and 10k run will receive a custom Kalamazoo Klassic finisher medal.
- We are pleased to host the Maple Hill Challenge for the 2nd year. Participants in the 10k run will be timed as they ascend Maple Hill. Awards will be given to the male and female runners with the fastest hill climb in the open, masters, grand masters and senior grand masters categories. Runners must complete the entire 10k race in order to be eligible for an award.
- Soft weave polyester/rayon/cotton blend shirts will be provided to all registered participants in the 5k run, 5k walk and 10k run
Kalamazoo Area Runners (KAR)
Kalamazoo Area Runners is a non-profit organization established to promote a healthy lifestyle through the sport of running while enhancing the quality of life in the community. Membership includes: newsletters, training programs, group runs, volunteer opportunities, social events, discounts to races, service providers and merchants, kids’ events, track, trail, cross country & road races, and membership in the Road Runners Club of America. For more information, visit: www.kalamazooarearunners.org.
MRC Industries, Inc.
Klassic proceeds go to MRC Industries, Inc., a local non-profit organization established to encourage and support individuals living with a disability to achieve their fullest potential through employment, skill building, and active community involvement. MRC’s service philosophy is that every person is unique, valuable, and entitled to be treated with respect and dignity. The focus of the programs is on the abilities of the participants, not their disabilities. MRC provides individuals with training and work experience, while providing employers with cost-effective ways to meet their staffing and business
- Kalamazoo Klassic 10k and 5k Run & Walk $30 per person through pre-registration close on Thursday, June 13 at 11:59 pm and $35 per person late registration June 14th and 15th. Price of registration for above events includes a short sleeve technical shirt.
- Kids Klassic 1k and 2k Run (ages 15 and under) - FREE! Shirts to the first 300 pre-registered participants.
- Online registration ends at 11:59 p.m. on Thursday, June 13. Mail-in registrations (with payment) must be received by June 13.
- Walk-in registrations will be accepted on Friday, June 14, from 4:00-7:00 p.m. at the Maple Branch of the YMCA of Greater Kalamazoo, 1001 West Maple Street, Kalamazoo, MI 49008.
- On Saturday, June 15, at the Maple St. Magnet School field starting at 6:00 a.m. Cash and Checks Only for Late Registration.
Group Discounts (10 or more)
- $25.00 per person through preregistration close Thursday, June 13 at 11:59pm. $30 per person at late registration June 14th and 15th.
- Groups consisting of 10 or more people may participate in any combination of the 10K or 5K Run/Walk and will be assigned a discount code upon request. Please contact the administrator for more information.
- $35 per person - Registrations on Friday, June 14, and Saturday, June 15, will be assessed a late fee (three is no technical shirt guarantee for late registrations)
- Kids' Klassic 1k and 2k - FREE (ages 15 and under - includes Kids' Klassic t-shirt to the first 300 pre-registrations)
- Cash and checks only for late registration. No shirt guarantee for late registrations.