Thursday, August 26th, 2021 is International Dog Day! To help celebrate, we are hosting our fifth annual Day of the Dog: Run, Walk or Jog 1 Mile, 5K, 10K, 13.1, 26.2! We invite you to complete your chosen distance anytime in August for, or with, your favorite four legged friend. The medal says, “A true friends leaves paw prints on your heart.” Plus, 20% of every registration will be donated to Freedom Service Dogs of America.
Freedom Service Dogs is a nonprofit organization that enhances the lives of people with disabilities by rescuing dogs and custom training them for individual client needs. Clients include children, veterans and active duty military, and other adults. Their disabilities include autism, traumatic brain injury, cerebral palsy, spinal cord injuries, muscular dystrophy, multiple sclerosis, and post-traumatic stress disorder.
We’ll send you an awesome Day of the Dog Medal, plus an attached dog tag for your favorite four legged friend.
- Races can be completed anytime in August 2021, even better if it’s August 26th.
- 1 mile, 5k, 10k, 13.1, and 26.2 virtual races are available — you choose which distance you want to complete
- Great for all ages
- A percentage of race registration fees will be donated to Freedom Service Dogs of America.
- You’ll receive a medal upon completion of your event!
- Registration Fee: $27 (includes a medal, dog tag, bib, and shipping)
- Medals and bibs will begin shipping out mid-July 2020
- Official Day of the Dog gear is available here for a limited time only