What do you get when a bunch of Swedes, foodies, adventurers and sports lovers team up? A city-wide plog! A Swedish tradition, plogging is running and picking up litter.
Join Emeryville companies Decathlon, Clif Bar and IKEA Emeryville to "Clean-Up to Green-Up" in partnership with Emeryville Council-member John Bauters and Save the Bay! Whether you're plogging or "plalking," it'll be fun for the whole family (multiple routes available). Enjoy food, prizes and more.
8:30am Start: IKEA Emeryville , 4400 Shellmound St, Emeryville, CA, 94608 (plogging begins at 9am!)
10am-12pm After Party: Decathlon, 3938 Horton Street, Emeryville, CA, 94608 (two blocks away)
** ARRIVE EARLY ** We will be handing out exclusive Plogging t-shirts for the first 100 participants!
All routes finish at Decathlon Emeryville, where you can enjoy:
- Free swag from participating companies
- Food and refreshments
- Prizes and giveaways
- Winners from the social media contest are announced - this could be you!
- Learn about protecting the environment from thexperts at Save the Bay
- Photo wall for fun photo ops!
What to bring:
- Sturdy running shoes
- Gloves and trash bag*
- Fun running attire and your energy!
* We encourage everyone to provide gloves and trash bags to avoid increased single-use plastics. We will have availability of gear upon request.
Traveling by BART? Use West MacArthur BART station and the free Emery-Go-Round shuttle to the start location.
Not in the East Bay? Join us to "plog" in your community! Use #PickItUp2019 to join in the fun and share your "Clean-Up to Green-Up" story - there will be prizes! The more the merrier.
Time: 8:30 am to 12:00 pm