1st Annual Christmas Classic Beer Mile Presented by Salt Marsh Brewery. 100% of the proceeds to benefit the Beaufort-Jasper YMCA of the Lowcountry.
1. Each competitor drinks four 12oz of Salt Marsh Brew
2. Beer must be consumed before the lap is begun, within the transition area.
3. The race begins with the drinking of the first beer in the transition zone
4. Competitors must drink the entire 12oz before they begin running.
5. Beer must be a minimum of 5% alcohol by volume. Hard ciders and lemonades will not suffice. The beer must be a fermented alcoholic beverage brewed from malted cereal grains and flavored with hops. For an abbreviated list of valid beers and exceptions, click here.
6. Competitors who vomit before they finish the race must complete one penalty lap at the end of the race (immediately after the completion of their 4th lap). Note: Vomitting more than once during the race still requires only one penalty lap at the end. * It is strongly recommended, when attempting official records, to tip the empty beer can or bottle over your head at the end of a chug to verify an empty vessel.