This event is set in Almaden Quicksilver park, in the beautiful hills of Almaden Valley. It's comprised of 60% dirt roads, 40% single track, and is very hilly, with great views, awesome countryside. In a nutshell: It's challenging and very fun.
Almaden Quicksilver County Park is located in south San Jose. The Mockingbird Hill entrance is accessed off Mockingbird Hill Lane. This entrance is accessible to all users, including bicyclists. You can reach the park office at (408) 268-3883.
More information and course maps available at our website:
COVID – 19 Mitigation Plan
Covid-19 prevention plan is subject to change and updates. Please continue to check our homepage for race day updates and covid19.ca.gov for additional protocols and updates.
• Each runner must conduct a self-screening test before the race.
• 90 participants across both distances and staggered start
• If you have tested positive or been in contact with someone that tested positive within 14 days of race day, we ask you to stay home.
• If you have any symptoms, please stay home.
• All runners must wear a face mask at all times, EXCEPT while running the race, however we also ask that you carry a face mask on your person throughout the race in case of crossing paths.
• Aid stations will consist of minimal, already packed items, no communal items or hands on the table. Please respect the volunteers, staff, and other participants.
• Each race will stagger starts in small groups of 3-5 people. Face coverings, social distancing and temperature checks will be required to participate.
• Runners are highly encouraged to prepare their own nutrition packs. Drop-bag services to aid stations will be available.
• No spectators at the event, Teams may assist with drop bag locations, refer to maps for drop bag / aid station locations.
• Please be prepared to social distance.
Event details and schedule
- Half mile: $25
- 1.5M: $30
- 5K: $40
- 10K: $50
- 8.6M: $60
- Half Marathon: $65
- Marathon: $90
- 50K: $100
Active military receive a 15% discount. Entry fees are non-refundable unless the event is cancelled. Pre-registered runners may purchase a T-shirt for an additional $25.00 if they register at least two weeks before the race.
- 7:00 AM: Runner check-in (bib pickup).
Bib pickup is located at the race start.
- 7:45 AM: Trail briefing at the start/finish.
Please arrive early and be ready to go at Race Briefing so you do not miss important information.
- 8:00 AM: Start all distances.
Aid Stations / Water Stop Info
3 Aid Stations:
1. Start Finish Mockingbird Parking Lot Aid Station. Aid for 10k, 26 ,50k
2. Hacienda Parking Lot Aid Station. Aid for 8.6M, 13M, 26M ,50k
3. Trail Intersection of Randol and Propect Trails. Aid for 13, 26, 50k
- Trail Marathon – 7.5 hours time limit – 8:00 am to 3:30 pm.
- 50K must be out of Start/Finish Mockingbird Parking Lot Aid Station at Mile 26 by 3:30pm.
- 50K Cutoff – 5:00 pm race over for 50k at Mockingbird parking lot.