Red Coyote’s Half and Full Marathon Training Program is designed to help you train for the OKC Memorial Marathon but can be used to train for any fall half or full marathon. Red Coyote’s training program is welcoming to all abilities. Whether you are a runner attempting your first endurance event or you are a competitive runner looking for a new PR, there is a place for you in Red Coyote’s program. Walking Pace groups are limited to the Half Marathon due to the race time cut off. In our Red Coyote program, we think sharing the training journey with friends working to achieve a common goal is the best part and makes every run more fun! We will help you achieve your goal safely by a gradual increase in your training. We give instruction on proper hydration, nutrition, injury prevention, running form, training principles, as well as other areas to help you have a successful race. We have over 40 experienced coaches who will support you and keep you motivated.
Registration and Cost
Our 15-week program is FREE this season! This program will be coached through the OKCMM and afterwards we will have uncoached Sunday long run/walks all the way up to Memphis St. Jude and Dallas BMW Marathons.
Train with the Pack
What does Train with the Pack mean? A supportive, fun, and diverse group and pack coaches to keep you motivated!
• Coached Sunday group long run/walks and Tuesday evening tempo/track workouts
• Motivational and educational materials provided by pace group leaders and peers
• Weekly training schedules
• Exclusive deals on Brooks products and a Brooks "Train with the Pack" Program technical shirt or tank for sale this season
• Exclusive offerings for training program participants with community partners (free yoga classes, cross training, physical therapists consults, etc.)
• Post Memorial Marathon Party
• Lots of fun, new friends, social gatherings, and celebration!
•••••QUESTIONS?••••Come to one of our three informational meetings, each meeting will last approximately 30 minutes, or until all questions have been answered. All meetings are via ZOOM.
• Monday, May 10th at 7:00 PM
• Tuesday, May 18th at 7:00 PM
• Wednesday, June 9th at 7:00 PM
KICKOFF WORKOUT AT RED COYOTE STORE Sunday June 20th at 7am for a kickoff fun run and chance to meet your coaches/fellow participants!
Tuesdays we will now have a 5am AND 6pm option
Sunday morning group long run/walks at Red Coyote Classen Curve location 6am first three weeks and then 5am for the rest of training.