The third annual KMC Strollin’ for the Colon 5K Run/Walk event is taking place Saturday, September 11, 2021.
During this unique event, participants will begin and finish the race through our GIANT SUPER INFLATABLE COLON TUNNEL. The super colon is a giant, 10-feet wide by 13-feet tall by 20-feet long, inflatable tunnel that gives people an interactive look at the human colon.
This event aims to raise awareness about colorectal cancer and the importance of colon cancer screenings, especially to those who have delayed their care due to COVID-19.
Adults who are participating in this event with a child under the age of 10 are signing the waiver on behalf of themselves and the child under the age of 10 participating with them, and will be considered as one registration, not two. Any participant under the age of 18 must have a parent or legal guardian register and sign a waiver for them for the event they are participating in. The parent or guardian is also strongly encouraged to register them self and participate with the under age participant in the event they are participating in.
Registered participants will receive a 2021 event shirt. 2019 and 2020 event shirts will be available to purchase for a minimum $5 suggested donation the day of packet pickup (cash or check only - limited sizes available).
Event details and schedule
When: Saturday, September 11, 2021
Where: MacLennan Park Trail - 6th Ave & Governors Lake Rd., Topeka, KS 66606
Cost: $20 per registrant
Colon cancer survivors receive FREE registration*
*Contact Taylor at firstname.lastname@example.org for details. Survivors MUST register to participate.
Event details and schedule
Below is important information regarding the event.
- Address: Event will take place at the MacLennan Park Trail, at 6th Ave and Governors Lake Road. Google maps link is here: https://tinyurl.com/y66ahf2p
- Parking: Please be advised! The parking lots are about a 10-minute walk from the starting location. There will be three areas for parking just west of the starting area. Parking lots are available at Cassidy Orthodontics, 600 SW Governor View, Topeka, KS 66606, a cul-de-sac just east of Cassidy Orthodontics on 6th Ave on the north side of the street, and parallel parking available on both sides of Governors Lake Road leading up to the starting location. We will have signs indicating these three parking areas.
- Packet pick up: On FRIDAY, September 10th, the packet pick up will take place from 11:00 am – 6:00 pm at the KMC Gastroenterology office at 2200 SW 6th Ave, Topeka, KS 66606. No need to bring confirmation of your registration, we will have your information. Please wear your event t-shirt and race bib the day of the race. *If you have not signed your waiver yet when you registered, we will need you to do this at packet pick up. WE WILL HAVE SIGNS OUTSIDE FOR DRIVE UP/CONTACTLESS PICK UP.
- Volunteers: If you need any help the day of the event our volunteers will be available. They’ll be wearing our event t-shirt along with a designated badge.
- Questions: Any event questions can be directly answered during business hours by contacting the KMC marketing staff at 785-295-0917.
- Inclement weather policy: KMC Strollin’ for the Colon 5K is a rain or shine event. In case of lightning or severe weather, the event will either be delayed until the weather clears or canceled. In the case of inclement weather, there will be no refunds of entry fees. Keep in mind, all of the proceeds of the event go to benefit the American Cancer Society of Kansas.
7:45 am - Last minute packet pick up
8:30 am - 5K Run/Walk begins
All participants and volunteers will receive a swag bag.