The City of Aurora and Aurora Parks & Recreation Present the 38th Annual Fun Run 1 Mile & 5K. Choose just one, or participate in both!
When: Saturday, July 3
Address: Bicentennial Park 115 E. Pioneer Trail – Corner of Route 43 and E. Pioneer Trail
- Registration at 7am - 7:50am - Bicentennial Gazebo
- 1 Mile Begins at 8am - Corner of Route 43/E. Pioneer
- 5K/Masters Begins at 8:30am - Corner of Route 43/E. Pioneer
- *All chip timed
Pre-Registration Cost - Registration MUST be submitted by Friday, June 18:
- 5K or 1 Mile - $20
- Both - $25
Day of Registration & After June 18:
- 5K or 1 Mile - $25
- Both - $30
***Short-sleeved t-shirts will be guaranteed for registrations received by Friday, June 18, 2021. Otherwise subject to availability on race morning***
Drive-Through Packet Pick-Up:
- Wednesday, June 30
- 4pm - 7pm
- Aurora High School - 109 W. Pioneer Trail
- All registrants are encouraged to pick-up their shirt and bib prior to the race on Saturday.
- Please note that this event could go virtual due to Covid-19 restrictions.
- 5K - Top 3 Male and Female in the following age categories and Top Masters (40+):
- 10 & Under, 11-14, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60 & Over
- 1 Mile - Top 3 Male and Female in the following age categories and Top Masters (40+):
- 6 & Under, 7-9, 10-12, 13-14, 15-19, 20-39, 40 & Over
- Participants must be symptom-free of illness for 14 days. Symptomatic individuals MUST stay at home.
- Participants traveling to the event are recommended to travel alone or with members of immediate family only.
- Participants are recommended to wear a face-covering to the starting line and can remove their face covering when they start running. Please put masks back on after you finish.
- When your wave is called to the Start Line, stand on an X mark which will be 6ft away from another runner. If the X mark washes away due to the weather, line up 6ft away from another runner.
- Hand sanitizer stations will be provided at the start and finish line areas.
- Bottled water will be available at the finish line. There will be no water stop during the 5K course. Please bring your own water if needed for the course.
During Race Guidelines
- Please no spitting or nose-clearing around the start/finish lines and near other runners.
- All participants must avoid any physical contact with other participants which includes high fives, fist bumps, huddles, or other close contacts before, during, or after the event.
- During the competition, participants must abide by the six-foot mandated social distancing regulations when passing other participants.
Post Race Guidelines
- Spectators are not permitted on course, at the start line, finish line, or parking areas.
- Please maintain social distancing and wear a mask in the finish area.
Additional Event Information:
- Covid-19 Information: as we come out of the worldwide pandemic caused by Covid-19, we ask that people follow medical guidance relevant to their personal situation to keep themselves and others safe. Visit ohio.coronavirus.gov for the most up-to-date information.
- For more information, contact Hermes Sports & Events at 216-623-9933 or the Aurora Parks & Recreation Department at (330) 562-4333.
- Details of this event are subject to change. Please check the City of Aurora's website for the most up to date information at auroraoh.com/parks.