A fun, safe and affirming run/walk hosted by Gresham United Methodist Church's Affirmation & Equality Ministry in Gresham, Oregon. The event will benefit New Avenues for Youth, a nonprofit which provides resources to unhoused LGBTQ2SIA+ youth.
The run/walk route will run from the church through downtown Gresham and back and is around 3 miles long. Those interested can take a stamp card at registration and collect stamps from participating businesses for the chance to earn a prize. The first six participants back to the church with filled stamp cards will receive a prize. Prizes vary and winners will be able to choose on a first-come first-served basis.
Entry is by donation of one nonperishable or hygiene item from the provided list. All donations go to New Avenues. Donations will be collected at the event.
Arrive at the church at 620 NW 8th Street, Gresham, OR, by 10:30 a.m. the day of to sign in or register in-person. There will be a sidewalk chalk activity for children to participate in while adults sign in. At 11 a.m. there will be opening remarks and runners and walkers will be sent off down Division Street toward downtown.
High priority donations for New Avenues include:
• New, travel-sized hygiene items, such as shampoo, toothpaste, soap, etc. in original packaging.
• New art supplies, including sewing kits, painting supplies, colored pencils, etc.
• Snacks: juices, crackers, cookies, nonperishable and gluten-free options appreciated.
• New, still packaged undergarments.
Participating businesses include:
• Books Around the Corner
• RedFred Collective
• Equinox Tattoo Collective
• Shop Girl Consignment
• Maggie Mae’s Kids Bookshop
• Fox & Fern
• Glitter & Clay Creations