This is a FREE event offered to all children in the Lehigh Valley.
WHO: Ages 3-14
WHERE: Bicentennial Park, Bethlehem, PA
WHEN: July 10 -- (August 7 registration will open at the conclusion of the July race)
WHY: To educate children about the sport of running and promote a healthy lifestyle.
FREE: In its continued efforts to support youth running in the Lehigh Valley, the LVRR is proud to sponsor every child for this event.
Races are held rain or shine. In the event of cancellation, all information will be posted by 7:30 AM race day on the LVRR website, Facebook page, and an email will be sent to all those who registered online.
AMENITIES: Each participant will receive a reflective drawstring bag, finisher ribbon, water, and snack.
AGE GROUPS AND DISTANCES:
• 3-4 yrs – 1/8 mile
• 5-6 yrs – 1/4 mile
• 7-8 yrs – 1/2 mile
• 9-10 yrs – 1 mile
• 11-12 yrs – 1½ miles
• 13-14 yrs – 2 miles
If COVID guidelines allow, capacities will be increased.
Our race capacity numbers are based on the number of participants, parents, and volunteers.
COVID-19 CHANGES TO OUR RACE:
- Runners, volunteers, and spectators must wear a mask that covers the nose and mouth
- Runners, volunteers, and spectators must physical distance
- Wave starts
- Entries limited to 120 (20 per age group)
- Registration is per event THERE IS NO RACE DAY REGISTRATION
- One parent or guardian per child
- Runners must time their own race
- No overall awards
- No t-shirt or design contest
- Runners receive a reflective drawstring bag, snack bar, bottle of water, and ribbon at number pick up
- Runners & parent and/or guardian must exit the park after finished with their race
- COVID – Runner Safety Checklist