The 20th Annual Gene Cerise Country Coast Classic Bike Ride takes place on scenic routes of rolling hills, ranchland, and beautiful coastline of the California Central Coast. There are three levels of rides to choose from:
- The 3/4 Century: This ride provides 72 miles of challenge for advanced cyclists. The route winds over Hwy 46 past area farms and ranches then back to Cambria before heading north on Hwy 1 to Ragged Point and back. Only experienced riders should attempt this ride.
- The Half Century: A 45-mile intermediate ride with a bit of a challenge. Pedal up Hwy 1 from the Pinedorado Grounds in Cambria to Ragged Point and back. This route has one hard hill.
- Quarter Century: Fun! A gentle ride starting from the Pinedorado Grounds in Cambria up the coast to the Elephant Seal Rookery and back. Ride the whole way for 25 miles or just to Hearst Castle and back for 15 miles.
Enjoy the beautiful scenery of the California Central Coast on Highways 1 and 46 West. We offer:
- Experienced support along the route
- Well-stocked Rest Stops (snacks, cookies & drinks)
- Delicious post-ride meal for all riders
- Registered riders get 1 raffle ticket for great prizes (additional tickets are available for purchase to increase chances of winning)
- Premium ice cream from Harmony Valley Creamery to go with 20th Anniversary cake
- A No-host Pub serving local wine and beer
- Family-friendly. Children 12 and under ride for only $30, regardless of distance.
- All volunteer labor -- proceeds benefit youth groups in Cambria, Cayucos, and San Simeon
- E-bikes welcome
Event details and schedule
- Early Check-in is available from 4-5:30 p.m. on Friday, November 5 at the Santa Rosa Parish Hall located at 1174 Main Street, Cambria
- Ride day Check-in at the Pinedorado Grounds 7:00-10 a.m.
- All riders must sign the waiver at time of registration.
- All riders must wear helmets.
- Registration available on day of ride but availability of shirts and BBQ meals is not guaranteed.
- The course closes at 4:00 p.m. Riders who cannot complete the course by 4:00 p.m. will be offered a SAG ride to the start or will be on their own. Rest Stops close based on riders being able to complete the course by 4:00 p.m.
- Barbecue open from Noon to 4. Riders arriving after 3:30 will receive boxed meals.
- Pub hours are 11:30 - 3:00.
- E-bikes welcome however SAG vehicles do not carry any battery chargers and may not be able to carry them back to the start.
- Due to Covid-related supply issues, we may have to substitute the shirt color depending upon availability in October. We can't guarantee shirt availability for orders placed after October 8.
- Rain or shine. No refunds.
See the FAQ on the website for additional information