Join the Seashore Striders & the Rehoboth Beach Patrol for the 30th running of the popular Rehoboth Biathlon. The event is named in memory of the late Dave Reynolds, a former member of the Rehoboth Beach Patrol family who died tragically in a surfing accident in the spring of 2003. Join us as we remember Dave, TC, and all the others we have lost that are a part of the Rehoboth Beach Patrol Family,
PRE-RACE PACKET PICKUP Saturday, July 3rd from 11 am - 1 pm at the Grove Park located just over the drawbridge on the left heading into Rehoboth Beach.
NAME: 30th Dave Reynolds Biathlon, 2-person Relay & Kid's Mini Biathlon
NEW in 2021- . A New Youth Biathlon for kid's 12 & under will be held just before the main event. We will gather the kid's on the beach at Baltimore Ave. at 7 am for a 7:15 am start. The kid's will go approx. 100 yds in the water (50yd out & 50yd back) followed by a 400 yd beach run (200yd out & 200 yd back). There will be no entry fee for this event, however the athletes must still register online. No t-shirts, but medals to all finishers. Deadline for registration will be Friday, July 2nd at 6 pm.
RACE TIME: 8 a.m. start ... The traditional walk to the start will begin at 7:45 a.m. following a mandatory athletes meeting on the boardwalk at 7:30 a.m.
RACE LOCATION: The Rehoboth Beach Patrol Headquarters located at 1 Baltimore Avce; Rehoboth Beach, DE. 19971
TO BENEFIT: The Dave Reynolds Scholarship awarded annually to a RBP Guard
SPONSOR/HOST: The Rehoboth Beach Patrol & The Seashore Striders
PRODUCED BY: Seashore Strider Event Production Inc.
Located at www.seashorestriders.com which will link you to this race page. The online link is at the top of this page.
- Individual Biathlon.-$50 through Friday 7/2 at 6 p.m. (No Race Registration on Saturday or Sunday)
- Biathlon Relay-$30 (per person) through Friday 7/2 at 6 p.m. (No Race Registration on Saturday or Sunday)
If using Universal or Entry Form at seashorestriders.com...Mail entry form/payment to: Dave Reynolds Biathlon; P.O. Box 99; Nassau, DE 19969
Make Checks out to "Seashore Striders"
RACE COURSE: 1/2 mile Ocean swim with the current followed by an out & back run to North Shores & back.
RACE TIMING: Seashore Strider Event Production will chip time the event using the Chronotrack chip timing system.
RACE AMENITIES: Custom printed sleeveless T-Shirt and finisher medal to celebrate the 30th annual event.
· individual Biathlon...Open division (male/female)
- We do have a Clyde (190+) and Filly (150+) Division- If you would like to participate in the Clyde or Filly Division, please register as an individual and send an email to Director Tim Bamforth at email@example.com asking to be placed in the Clyde or Filly Division.
· Relay Biathlon Teams (note: each relay member must register individually)
2 Male, 2 Female, 2 Co-Ed, 2 Youth (both athletes must be 13U to qualify for Youth)
Relay...1st participant will swim & 2nd participant will run
PARKING: Plenty of parking in the following locations:
- Baltimore Avenue
- Rehoboth Avenue
- Wilmington Avenue
AWARDS: Custom awards will be presented to the Overall, Master, and the top three finishers in the following age groups for each event:
- Individual Biathlon...13 & U, 14-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70+
- Relay...Top 5 teams in the Male, Female, Co-Ed, Youth Divisions
- New Kid's Biathlon...No Awards- Medals to all finishers.
ENTRY INFO: Make checks payable to “Seashore Striders” if using the Universal Entry Form that is located at seashorestriders.com
RACE DIRECTOR: Tim Bamforth, Seashore Striders/Seashore Strider Event Production, Inc.