APDA South Florida Annual 5k Race, Kids Fun Run, and Optimism Walk for Parkinson's Disease
Join us on Saturday, October 30, 2021, for this wonderful event to help provide the support, education, and research that will help everyone impacted by Parkinson's disease live life to the fullest.
5K Race and 1/2 Mile Fun Run
- Check-in begins at 7:00 am
- 5K Race starts at 8:00 am
- Kids Fun Run starts at 9:00 am
Optimism Walk Event (must register on the official walk event page)
- Check-in begins at 9:00 am
- Starts at 10:00 am
- CLICK HERE for more information
Burt Aaronson South County Regional Park
(MaryLou Berger Pavilion)
20405 Amphitheater Circle
Boca Raton, FL 33498
- 5k Race Entry Fees:
- $25 through September 30
- $30 through the day of the event
- Kids race (12 and under) is $10
- 5k Race awards for the top three male and female overall finishers in the following categories:
- Kids Fun Run Division (12 and under)
- Open Division (13-59)
- Seniors (60+)
- The official 5k course is paved and goes through Burt Aaronson South County Regional Park - Click here for a course map.
- Chip Timing and Scoring by Race Day Professionals.
- Packet pickup information will be emailed closer to the event day.
- The event is rain or shine!
What it is:
- An important (and fun-filled!) fundraising event that offers a short non-competitive walk and/or 5k race with family-friendly activities, sponsor tables, and more!
- Race participants compete in a 5k paved official course.
- Kids 12 and under can join the 1/2 mile fun run.
- Walkers can participate in the Optimism Walk (CLICK HERE to register for the APDA South Florida Optimism Walk).
- Walking the full distance is not mandatory -- participants can walk as much or as little as they choose.
- Each Optimism Walk is part of a nationwide movement to mobilize and inspire people to step up and help put an end to Parkinson's disease. Be a part of it!
- Because every nine minutes someone is diagnosed with Parkinson's disease.
- The more funds we raise, the more people we can help right in our own local communities. Raising funds is encouraged and appreciated. CLICK HERE for the official APDA South Florida Optimism Walk and 5k Race page.
- Raise $100, $500, $1,000+ and qualify for great prizes - like the official Optimism Walk t-shirt, and more! (To qualify for fundraising prizes, the funds raised must be part of your personal fundraising dollars, so don't forget to register and fundraiser.)
- And, because it's going to be a GREAT day!
NOTE: At this time we do not have specific guidelines as to how this event will be conducted as far as COVID-19 restrictions. We will be following all safety guidelines per our state and county. We are hopeful that we have very few or even none at all by October! Any new information or changes will be posted to this page and our official Optimism Walk page.