Welcome to the Green Season on the Olympic Peninsula of Washington State
Towering evergreens. Endless moss and ferns. Miles of waterfront. Snowcapped mountains. Need a cure for gray-season blues? Frosty Moss has you covered.
Pavement + Trail Runners Unite
From the Sol Duc River to Sequim Bay, the 80-mile Frosty Moss course follows the paved Olympic Discovery Trail and the singletrack Adventure Route. The 30-mile Mini Moss course begins at Ediz Hook in Port Angeles and end at Sequim Bay.
Celebrate After the Race
As if your day wasn’t epic enough, 7 Cedars Resort is ready to help you celebrate. They will host hot food, cold drinks, awards and fun after the race.
FROSTY MOSS RELAY
80 Miles – 15 Legs – Teams of 2-5
Relay legs are a mix of distances (3-11 mi) on paved or single-track trail ** Check out the Frosty Moss legs here
Wave starts 6-9 am
MINI MOSS RELAY
30 Miles - 8 Legs - Teams of 2-4
Relay legs are a mix of distances (3-5 mi) on paved trail ** Check out the Mini Moss legs here
Wave starts 1-2 pm
In addition to an epic outdoor experience in the far northwest corner, all runners receive…
* Swag bag of Frosty Moss Relay goodies and other surprises.
* Comprehensive event guide and on-course race support.
* Meal, beverage, and awards at the after-party at Jamestown S’Klallam Tribe’s 7 Cedars Resort.
* Bragging rights for getting after it all day on the Olympic Peninsula in February.
You & your best running buddies—any mix of age, gender & ability, as long as your team can average a 12-minute pace or faster. Load up your team van with food, drinks, extra layers, tunes, and a fun competitive spirit. Captains, sign up and create your team, then start inviting your team members to sign up!
THE FROSTY MOSS EXPERIENCE
Frosty Mossers trace the Olympic Discovery Trail (paved multiuse path) & Adventure Route (singletrack trail) from west to east, beginning at the Camp Creek Trailhead along the Sol Duc River and finishing in Blyn at Sequim Bay. Mini Mossers follow the Olympic Discovery Trail from Ediz Hook in Port Angeles to Blyn at Sequim Bay.
You will be asked to choose your wave based on the average pace of your team (minutes / mile). Be as accurate as possible. Do NOT pad your time because you are worried about making the cutoffs. If you run faster than your average pace and beat the exchange zone volunteers, you will be held and made to wait. You do not have anything to gain by padding your average pace! There will be some ability to change team pace later (possible if team members are changed out, etc.), if a wave is not yet filled.
The team captain must attend the check-in/orientation at 7 Cedars Resort on Friday evening, February 25th.
Make sure to book your room(s) at 7 Cedars Resort - you can walk to your room right from the after party! Watch the website for special Frosty Moss rates (which are really really good!)
See the full website at: Frosty Moss Relay
To sign up - TEAM CAPTAINS -
- Sign up and Create your Group (Team Name)
- Choose your estimated average team pace (be as accurate as possible - if you register "conservative" and you end up running faster than your estimate, you will cause the race major issues in that volunteers may not be at exchanges yet. If this happens, you will not be allowed to exchange and you will have to wait for the volunteers to arrive before you can exchange and continue along the course.
- Let your team members know the Group/Team Name to sign up under as well as the Average Team Pace that you have chosen (they must choose the same) *you can change team members until the day before the race
- Plan your team theme - do it up! Costumes, care decorations, anything and everything!
- Follow up on social media to get race updates, including fun things like our hashtag contest with big prizes!
Reg. ends noon 2/25/22
NO REFUNDS (**it is fine to swap out a runner for someone else if they cannot make it)