Please plan to join us for this very special year 2 road race in remembrance of the 21st. anniversary of the events and tragedy of 9/11. Held Saturday morning, September 10th, 2022 in Downtown Cartersville, GA the “9/11 Run to Remember” 5K will represent a celebration of the herculean efforts of all of the first responders from that unforgettable day 21 years ago. Produced in conjunction with the Cartersville Fire Department, The Cartersville Police Department, and Metro Atlanta EMS, plan to come out and join us for a unique race in celebration of the lives of those that gave so much and enjoy the pre-race presentation of the colors by the Cartersville Fire Department Honor Guard in honor and memory of the events from that fateful morning. Proceeds from the race go to benefit the Georgia Firefighters Burn Foundation ( https://www.gfbf.org ) and Next Rung (https:www.nextrung.org )
The returns are in from the year one race and we now KNOW this is a race route you will love! As the turnaround destination of the 5K route is the Cartersville Fire Department Station #1 where runners pass THROUGH a Fire Truck bay in Station #1 where they will be greeted by cheering Firefighters and other First Responders while grabbing water for the return trip to the finish line!
If you are interested in Being a Sponsor for this very special event, please contact Michele Bledsoe with the Cartersville Fire Department: email@example.com
*$25 Pre-Race Registration Fee (Runs until 11:00 PM, Sunday evening, September 4th. You must register by this date to guarantee your T-shirt size and lock in at the reduced rate!)
*$35 Race Day Registration Fee
5K Start-Finish & Race Day Parking:
*Both the Starting Line AND the Finish Line are located in downtown Cartersville in Friendship Plaza adjacent to the Downtown Gazebo.
*Race Day Parking will be located in and around the Bartow County Courthouse located at 135 West Cherokee Ave., Cartersville, GA.
Race Route (See attached Route Map):
• From the Starting Line in Friendship Plaza, runners make a left turn onto Cherokee Ave. followed by a quick right turn onto Erwin St.
*Runners proceed approx. 1.25 miles on Erwin St. turning right onto Cassville Rd.
• Runners will proceed approx. .15 miles along Cassville Road to the entrance of the Cartersville Fire Department Station #1.
• Runners will turn right, running THROUGH Station #1 (where they will be greeted by throngs of cheering Firefighters and First Responders!) circling the back parking lot and returning to Cassville Rd.
• Runners will turn left onto Cassville Rd. proceeding .15 miles back to the intersection of Erwin St.
• Runners will turn left onto Erwin St. proceeding South approx. 1.25 miles to the intersection of Cherokee Ave.
• Runners will turn left Cherokee Ave for 1 block, turning right back into Friendship Plaza to the Finish Line!
Race Day Schedule of Events:
*6:45 AM Race Day Registration Opens
*7:45 AM Race Day Registration Closes
*7:55 AM Pre-Race Presentation of Colors and in remembrance of 9/11
*8:00 AM 5K Start Time
*9:15 AM 5K Awards Presentation (located in Friendship Plaza in downtown Cartersville)
Pre-Registration Packet Pick up:
*Pre-Registration Packet Pick up will be held Friday, September 9th, from 11:00 AM - 5:00 PM in the lobby of the Cartersville Public Safety Headquarters located at 195 Cassville Rd, Cartersville, GA. Please make every effort to attend pre-registration packet pick up to minimize lines and your wait time on race day morning!
Awards will be given to the following:
*Top 3 Overall Male and Top 3 Overall Female Winners
*Top Masters Male and Top Masters Female Winners
*Top 3 Male & Female in the following Age Categories: 10-Under, 11-14, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70 & Over
Please note, this is a rain or shine event.
Please plan to join us for this very memorable year 2 event!