Christopher Coffland Memorial Fund (d/b/a Catch A Lift or "CAL") is a Charity team for Walt Disney World® Marathon Weekend Presented by Cigna® on January 3rd through 7th 2018. CAL's mission is to assist veterans injured in the Iraq and Afganistan wars to improve their lives and mental health through physical fitness and rehabilitation. The funds raised from runners, donors and enthusiasts like you will be used to purchase gym memberships, in-home gym equipment and other fitness and rehabiliation equipment. We thank you for you participation, commitment and dedication and hope you know that your efforts will help wounded warriors towards a successful recovery. We look forward to seeing you there!!!!! To learn more about CAL, feel free to visit our website www.catchaliftfund.com/
We also hope you enjoy your participation in Walt Disney World® Marathon Weekend Presented by Cigna® as a member of the CAL race team. You can register through CAL for the following races (the Event has additional offers so please visit the www.rundisney.com website to learn more).
- 5th Anniversary Dopey Challenge presented by Cigna®- Are you ready for the ultimate endurance challenge? Then take part in four days of fun for a total of 48.6 miles in the Dopey Challenge! Participants will run the 5K, 10K, Half Marathon and Marathon, and if you complete all four races within the pacing requirements you will be awarded the Goofy Race and a Half Challenge medal and the Dopey Challenge finisher medal for a total of six pieces of "bling."
- Goofy's Race and a Half Challenge presented by Cigna® - There's nothing Goofy about Goofy's Race and a Half Challenge presented by Cigna®! Its 39.3 miles and two-days of pure fun and Disney magic. Goofy's Race and a Half Challenge presented by Cigna® combines Saturday's Half Marathon – over 13.1 miles through Disney's Magic Kingdom® Park and Epcot® - with Sunday's full Marathon which covers 26.2 miles through all four Walt Disney World® Theme Parks including Epcot®, Magic Kingdom® Park, Disney's Animal Kingdom® Theme Park and Disney's Hollywood Studios. Complete both races within the pacing requirements and you'll earn the coveted Goofy Medal in addition to your Donald Duck and Mickey Mouse finisher medals. Registration for Goofy's Race and a Half Challenge presented by Cigna® is required to receive the Goofy medal.
- 25th Anniversary Walt Disney World Marathon presented by Cigna® - You're a runner who loves adventure! Your priority in a race is the course. And now you're about to head out on the most magical course on earth during the final race of the weekend -- a 26.2 mile run that'll take you through four Walt Disney World® theme parks, and ESPN Wide World of Sports. From the Magic Kingdom® Park, home of Mickey, Minnie and the whole Disney gang and the wild adventure of Disney's Animal Kingdom® Park, to the show biz excitement of Disney's Hollywood Studios, and incredible Epcot®, your Marathon adventure is unlike any other anywhere on earth.
- Walt Disney World Half Marathon presented by Cigna® - It's Saturday morning and excitement fills the air as you take your place for the start of the Walt Disney World® Half Marathon presented by Cigna®. This amazing 13.1 mile course is a runner's delight, taking you through the magic, wonder, and sheer charm of Magic Kingdom® Park, then on to Epcot®, home of international World Showcase and Future World. The race concludes with a spectacular finish in the shadow of Spaceship Earth.
- Walt Disney World 10K presented by Cigna® - Join us for the Walt Disney World® 10K presented by Cigna®. This 6.2 mile course is the perfect distance for runners of all skill levels. Winding throughout Epcot® and the scenic World Showcase, it is the newest way to be part of the Walt Disney World® Marathon Weekend presented by Cigna®.
- Walt Disney World 5K presented by Cigna® - Invite the whole family and enjoy a great run the in the shadow of Disney's spectacular Epcot® Theme Park during Walt Disney World® 5K presented by Cigna®. You'll make your way through Epcot's® amazing Future World and then on to international World Showcase and a thrilling finish. It's all part of the excitement during Walt Disney World® 5K presented by Cigna® that's a perfect event for beginners, intermediates, or even racing veterans. Adults, teens, tweens – and everyone in between –is invited to join the family fun!
Event details and schedule
Minimum Fundraising Requiement:
- In addition to the race registration fees, you are required to raise at least the Minimum Fundraising Requirements applicable for your registered race category.
- Dopey Challenge presented by Cigna® - $700 - 900
- Goofy's Race and a Half Challenge presented by Cigna® - $600 - 800
- 25th Anniversary Walt Disney World Marathon presented by Cigna® - $500 - 700
- Walt Disney World Half Marathon presented by Cigna® - $400 - 600
- Walt Disney World 10K presented by Cigna® - $300 - 500
- Walt Disney World 5K presented by Cigna® - $200 - 400
- The minimum fund raising requirement is due December 10, 2017 regardless of your participation in the races. If not received before then, CAL will charge your credit card the difference between the minimum required and your amount raised and you will not receive your packet from the runDisney Expo.
- CAL will notify you of the amount prior to the deficit charge.
Included in Your Registration
In addition to what Event offers you for your selected race (see http://www.rundisney.com/disneyworld-marathon/), CAL will provide the following to you:
- 1 shirt – a technical training shirt
- Invite to the CAL Race Team's social for this event
- CAL has access to a limited number of specially priced Walt Disney World moderate resort rooms that are available to CAL runners. To reserve a room in our block, please indicate your interest at the time of check-out. We have a reservation with a moderate resort ("Resort") and we have requested the Coronado Springs resort. Please check back on this website and emails from CAL for confirmation.
- If you are purchasing theme park tickets, please use the link that we will send to you after registration to obtain specially priced theme tickets for this event.
Packet Pick-Up - You pick up your Disney packet at the runDisney Health & Fitness Expo and CAL will mail you the CAL packet before your trip.
- ALL PAYMENTS ARE FINAL AND THERE ARE NO REFUNDS.
- All race registration are paid through this website and upon registration, CAL will send you a confirmation email
- Fundraising payments may be made by you or your donors online using the link below
- Alternatively, at the CAL website www.catchaliftfund.com or by check payable to the Catch A Lift Fund sent to P.O. Box 39622, Baltimore, MD 21212, in each case with a note stating that the donation is made on your behalf.
Incentive Program (requirements must be met on or before December 10, 2017)
CAL greatly appreciates your fundraising efforts and offers the following incentives to those who exceed the minimum requirements by the amounts set forth below:
- $1000 above the race minimum - $100 gift card
- $2000 above the race minimum - $200 gift card
- $3000 above the race minimum - $300 gift card
- $4000 above the race minimum - $400 gift card
Example: If you register for the half marathon at the $800 level and you raise $1800 by the incentive closing date, CAL will provide you with $100 gift card.
We also ask that you purchase theme park tickets through our online store. We are required to purchase a certain amount for this event and would greatly appreciate it if you purchased the special charity priced theme park tickets from the link that we will send to our runners.
QUESTIONS - email any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Disclaimer - “All Disney names and logos are used with permission, which in no way constitutes an endorsement by Disney, express or implied, of any organization, company, or fundraising campaign. Disney does not control or guarantee the accuracy, relevance, timeliness or completeness of information contained on this website.The views and opinions of authors expressed herein do not necessarily reflect those of Disney, and agreement with those views may not be implied by use of the Disney names and logos.”