Founded in 2014, EPIC Series is a hybrid obstacle course race (OCR) unlike any other existing course in the World . Epic combines elements of cross-training, strongman, and traditional obstacle course racing, without the mud or long-distance running. By creating obstacles that have Beginner, Intermediate, and Advanced options, EPIC Series opens up obstacle course racing to a wider audience of fitness enthusiasts. We’ve also incorporated a family-friendly event, a Kids Course that mimics a kid-sized version of the obstacles and strength challenges seen in the adult courses.
The EPIC course is an all levels, completely unique fitness experience. This is the one course you and your coach can run together and still be challenged. Think less running and more obstacles, but those obstacles come in a variety of heights and weights. You do the 4 ft wall and your coach does the 6 ft wall. You do the 35 lb stone while they do the 95 lb. Our mission is to make this a hybrid throw-down to determine the best athletes in town while allowing our aspiring athletes to compete and complete.
- Competitive Waves are released every 5 minutes.
- Athletes in these waves are competing for podium awards.
- To be eligible for podium awards, Men must complete the Advanced (black-colored) obstacles, and Women must complete Intermediate (blue-colored) obstacles.
- Following the Epic Course, The ELITE athletes will take on a secondary obstacle course, either the strength course or the endurance course. The elite obstacle course comprises of 10 obstacles testing your strength and endurance over 100 meters.
Epic Age Group Waves
- Epic Age Group waves are competitive waves and released every 5 minutes
- Athletes in these waves are competing for podium awards
- To be eligible for podium awards, Men must complete the Advanced (BLACK COLORED) obstacles, and Women must complete Intermediate (BLUE COLORED) obstacles.
- Athletes who are not able to complete the given obstacle will be able to finish the race but will not be eligible for the podium.
Epic Open Waves
- Epic Waves are released beginning at 10:30 AM Onwards
- These are mixed-level waves where anyone can complete any level obstacle they choose.
- These waves are not eligible for podium awards.