Simon Kenton Pathfinder's Annual Bike Tour
21st Annual SKP Fundraiser Bike Tour
In memory of Betsy Bohl and supporting maintenance of the Simon Kenton Trail
Sunday September 12, 2021
The Depot Coffee House, 644 Miami St, Urbana, OH 43078
Your choice of a flat to hilly Metric Century or Metric Half Century through beautiful Champaign and Logan Counties, or a 15 Mile ride completely on the Simon Kenton Trail (ideal for families with children).
The Metric Century route is a hilly and challenging route, starting and finishing at the Depot in Urbana. The route begins on a short section of the Simon Kenton Trail and then winds N/NE to Ohio Caverns. After a SAG stop there, the route continues on the "Top of Ohio Trail" & the "Cardinal Trail" which are long established and signed road routes in this area. Eventually you will work your way to near the highest point in Ohio. At times, you will also be on part of the "1980 USA Olympic Trials Road Race Cycling Route". Then, you will head back South and downhill to West Liberty, OH and finish your Metric Century Ride at the start point/Depot in Urbana. This is a challenging route with lots of climbing and some great descents! Not for the beginner or casual rider! E-bikes and Trikes are welcomed! If planning to ride the Metric Century, you should start early!
The Metric Half Century route is more flat and suitable for recumbent and casual cyclists or children. However there is a gradual climb to Ohio Caverns, after which most of the ride is flat or downhill. There is also the option to return to the start point on the Simon Kenton Trail, once you reach the SAG stop at the West Liberty trail head. This would shorten your ride by about 3 miles.
(While all effort is made to design a route which is close to the distance advertised, sometimes a road project causes us to revise a route. Thus, all distances are approximate!)
We encourage safe and smart cycling! Wearing bright colors, lights on bike or trike, helmets and following all traffic laws will help us conduct a safe and enjoyable ride.
Register by August 31st & Save!
- Adults - $30.00
- Ages 3 thru 12 - $15.00
- Under 3 - Free (No t-shirt or food tickets included in free entries)
After August 31st and Ride Day registration
- Adults - $50.00
- Ages 3 thru 12 - $20.00
- Under 3 - Free
There is also a virtual option which we added for those who are unable to make it on September 12th or who live far away. This option also gives those whom have Covid concerns a way to support our trail.
- $25 at registration will get a tour T-shirt sent to you and includes the cost of postage
Included with registration:
- Continental Breakfast Courtesy of the Depot Coffee House, served from 7:30am-10:00am
- Snacks, sport drinks and bottled water at the Depot and all SAG stations along the routes
- Mobile SAG services provided by Cyclotherapy Bicycle Shop
- Post-Ride food voucher for either of two (2) different food trucks or The Depot worth $5.00
- Quality 50/50 blend Pathfinders T-Shirt for registrations received by August 31st (extra shirts available for purchase for additional $20.00)
Please Join us in Memory of Betsy Bohl
- A great day of riding with friends and family
- To support the Simon Kenton Pathfinders to maintain the Simon Kenton Trail
- If you're not able to join us, donations are appreciated
- Helmets are recommended for all and required for all
riders under 18 years of age