Are you looking for some structure and motivation for your upcoming Fall Half Marathon? runFIT is hosting a trial program to help you train!
Our Fall Half Marathon Training Group is designed for runners who
have signed up for a fall half marathon (11/13-11/28). As this is a trial for the new program, it will be free of charge and we will be accepting 6-8 runners. As a participant we ask that you attend most (if not all) of the group sessions and provide feedback for future programs.
Who is this program designed for?
• Runners with a half Marathon race scheduled 11/13-11/28
• Running a minimum of 10 miles/week currently (or within the past few months)
• First time and experienced half marathoners
• Runners seeking group training atmosphere
• Runners willing to give candid feedback to help shape future programs
What do you get?
• Private FB group for the training group
• Weekly tips to include topics such as nutrition, recovery, programming workouts, cross-training, race strategies, etc.…
• Planned weekly group long run
• Training plan
• Unlimited access to ask questions/review training (48 hr turn-around min)
How do the long runs work?
• Long runs will be written for Sundays but can be adjusted to fit schedules
• Group long runs (think team support and accountability) will be at various locations most Sundays throughout the plan
• Group long runs are optional but highly recommended
• 8/18 Training Program Kick Off (6:30pm @ runFIT)
• 8/23 Training Plan Start
• 8/29 Long Run 1
• 9/12 Long Run 3
• 9/19 Long Run 4
• 9/26 Long Run 5
• 10/3 Long Run 6
• 10/17 Long Run 8
• 10/31 Long Run 10
• 11/7 Taper Run & Program finale (could be additional long run for races later than 11/14)