The ENGLEWOOD YMCA SPRINT TRIATHLON is a great race to run.
- Swim 400meters off of beautiful Englewood Beach.
- Bike north on Englewood Beach Road to the end and back (13 miles total), with much of the ride under tree canopy to keep racers cool.
- Run a 5K south, down to Stump Pass Park and back, on a scenic course.
- USAT sanctioned event.
- Fast & easy course for new triathletes!
- Awards 5 deep in each age division and category.
- T-shirts to ALL who enter.
- Music, food, and good people!
What more could you want!!
Event details and schedule
PACKET PICKUP & REGISTRATION:
- Registration will open at 5:45am.
- There will be 5 stations set up at registration: USAT, New Registrations, Pre-Registered, Chips & Timing, and Body Markings.
- Everyone who participates must have a USAT Card (either a 1-Day or Annual). Driver's License must be presented for validation before moving to packet pickup or to register (day of).
- Once registered, you will proceed to Chips & Timing and then to Body Markings.
- Transition area will open at 5:45am and close at 6:55am. * Only racers will be allowed in transition area, and each racer must have the proper wristband to enter.
- Announcements will be made on the beach at 6:50am (important race information will be given at this time).
- There will be 4 waves for the swim, with a 3 minute time gap between each.
- 1st wave will go off at 7:00am SHARP!
- National Anthem will follow announcements.
- Awards will take place when ALL racers have finished the race. Please be patient, as many will be competing in, and completing their first triathlon.
- Awards will be 5 deep in each age division and catagory.
- Pictures will be taken throughout the race by one of our YMCA members, Bill Saveage. We encourage all paricipants, family, volunteers, etc to get their picture taken. Take advantage of the wait time, and get great photos which will be posted on our Facebook page for all to share.