Welcome to the 2nd Annual Syracuse Bandana Bolt Bash!
Family 5K and Fall Fest
All fitness levels welcome.
At this time, we are excited to offer an in-person event at Green Lakes State Park on Sunday, October 3, 2021!
Since we couldn’t be together for our first 5K in 2020, we’re adding an extra special twist on this year’s race experience - the Bandana Bolt BASH!
This family 5K and fall festival will bring the Syracuse community together on the scenic trails of Green Lakes State Park to make a difference for teens and young adults with cancer. Following the trail run/walk, participants can enjoy food, drinks, crafts, raffles, and fall festivities from local businesses.
By registering for this hybrid event, you are supporting 13thirty Cancer Connect - Syracuse and our mission to help teens and young adults with cancer live their very best lives - today! Let’s cross the finish line - virtually and in-person - for CNY teens and young adults impacted by cancer!
In-Person Race Day: Sunday, October 3, 2021
- Join us at Green Lakes State Park, a beautiful destination location in CNY.
- No official timing, no formal awards ceremony
- Mass start at 9:00am
- Bash ends at 12:00pm
Virtual Race Weekend: Friday, October 1 - Sunday, October 3
- YOU determine your own course! Run, walk, jog solo or with friends and family anytime, anywhere from Friday, October 1 - Sunday, October 3! Post a photo on social media, tag @13thirtyCancerConnect and use the hashtag #BandanaBoltBash! You can record your race time on the results page or simply indicate you participated.
The first 200 participants who register before Friday, September 24 will receive the 2021 commemorative bandana.
- Mailed bandana (virtual participants only)
- Day-of pick-up at registration (in-person participants only)
AWARDS AND AMENITIES
- First 200 participants receive the 2021 commemorative Bandana
- Exclusive prizes awarded to:
- Highest Team Fundraiser
- Highest Individual Fundraiser
- Best Team Spirit - Give it your all with a creative team name and fun race day apparel! Send us a photo!
- Special satisfaction knowing you’ve made a difference for AYAs with cancer.
13thirty Cancer Connect will continue to monitor the conditions surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic and follow guidance from the CDC and New York State. We kindly request that you adhere to all our safety guidelines, and we reserve the right to deny entry to the event should protocols not be followed. Please check your email and 13thirty social media leading up to the live race for important updates. If you would like to change your registration type (virtual or in-person), please email email@example.com!
- Restrooms, trash bins, hand cleaning stations, and masks will be available.
- No water stations throughout the course. Water bottles will be available in the shelter. Participants are encouraged to bring their own hydration.
- Post-race swag bags will be pre-packaged and distributed at the finish line.
- There will be no official timing this year. You can personally log your results on the race website after the event.