GET STOKED, SLACKERS!!! Life's A Beach Triathlon (presented by Sprouts Farmers Market) is back for it's 6th year in Sarasota and you can join us on the beach for the bodacious good times!
The Life's A Beach Triathlon is the fun triathlon that almost anyone can finish!
Heard your serious triathlon friends talk about shaving seconds off their transition times? Well, at Life's A Beach "transition time" means how long it takes to get you from the finish line into beach bash mode--dancing in the sand to the beat of our live music or chillaxing with a cold beverage while waiting for your friends to finish. At our Sarasota event, the finish line is right at the Lido Beach Resort--our host hotel and site of our jammin' after-party!
EVENT DISCIPLINES AND DISTANCES
Almost Anything Goes Swim--200 yards
Want to use fins? Be our guest! Want to use a boogie board? Awesome!
Chillaxin' Bike--5 miles
- On a mix of paved roads, wide, flat trails and just a little sand!
- Beach cruisers or mountain bikes highly recommended!
Beach Run--2 Miles
- On the run you'll have some fun, beach-themed obstacles to keep you smiling!
- And, where else can you hurdle pink flamingoes and limbo at the finish line?
WANT AN EXTRA CHALLENGE?
LIFE'S A BEACH EXTREME 8AM START WAVE
For 2017 we've gone a bit crazy--continuing with themore challenging 8am wave that is double the distance. You'll also be faced with some other (we're working on improving these) unique beach-oriented challenges. This wave costs a little more, but participants will get an additional (even more unique) race shirt and an additional finisher's medal.
Want to race with your family? We allow racers down to 9 years old AND you can all sign up for the same starting wave! That's right--start waves are not based on age group--you choose! So, you can also race next to friends and coworkers!
We'll even have a free Hatchling Dash Kid's Run (with medals!) for the younger kids--so bring along the entire family for some beach fun!
LIfe's A Beach Triathlon Booty
- Life's A Beach T-Shirt
- NEW DESIGN FOR 2017! Bottle-Opener Finisher's Award
- LAB Tri Temporary Tattoo
- Post-Race Snack and Drink
- 1 Beer Included (for those of legal drinking age)
- Live Music
Official Life's A Beach Triathlon Sarasota Host Hotel
- Lido Beach Resort
- 700 Ben Franklin Dr.
- Sarasota, FL. 34236
- Great Rates for Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights
- Site of our Bodacious Beach Bash After-Party
Life's A Beach Triathlon Gives Back
- We LOVE our beach environment and recognize and support those who conserve and protect its resources. Because our logo is a sea turtle, we've chosen to support the local turtle watch/walk program at each of our venues (or another local marine conservation/education non-profit if there is no turtle program) with a $1 donation per each paid entry.
- In Sarasota, we are supporting the Mote Sea Turtle Patrol from Mote Marine Laboratory.
- Mote Marine Laboratory is also a great place to visit while on your Life's A Beach adventure weekend in Sarasota!
NO EVENT REFUNDS.
LIMITED TRANSFERS OR DEFERRALS MAY BE AVAILABLE UNTIL SEPTEMBER 6, 2017. AFTER THAT DATE A $15 FEE WILL BE REQUIRED FOR DEFERRALS.
Event details and schedule
Friday, September 15
- 4:00pm-8:00pm: Racer Packet Pick-Up at Lido Beach race site
- Chillax and watch the sunset at the Lido Beach Resort
Saturday, September 16
- 6:00-7:30am Racer Packet Pick-Up
- 6:00-7:45am Transition Area Open/Bike Check-in
- 8:00am First Starting Wave!
- 9:00am Live Music Jammin'
- 10:45/11:00am Hatchling Dash Kids Run (starts near the Swim Start)
- 11:00/11:15am Awards Ceremony:
- Bodacious Beach Bash After-Party: Starts as soon as you finish!