Last year, Westside Food Bank doubled our food purchases to keep up with the immediate high need caused by COVID-19. We're distributing twice as much food for twice as many people in response to the food insecurity so many people are now facing.
You can help support our recovering communities and raise awareness about hunger by walking a 5K at home with your friends and family between Sunday, October 17th and Sunday, October 24th. It's a fun, safe and rewarding activity for the whole family, office, or squad.
HOW TO WALK
- Register for free. Walk as an individual, or you can create a walking group or join one that's already been created.
- Get Your Swag. Every walker receives a t-shirt and gift bag. Check the "T-Shirt Pick-Up" page for more info.
- Do it! Tune into our kickoff livestream at 1pm on Sunday, October 17th. Then you'll have a week to complete your 5K. Log miles and time via the RaceJoy app.
- Share and Celebrate! Share photos & videos of you crushing your goals with #WSFBHungerWalk and tune into our closing livestream on Oct. 24 at 1pm.
HOW TO FUNDRAISE
While fundraising is not required, it's highly encouraged.
- Share Your Page. A fundraising page is automatically created for you upon registration. Customize & send it to friends, family and coworkers.
- Create a Fundraising Team. Invite others to fundraise with you by creating a fundraising team during or after registration. Multiply your impact!
- Link to Facebook. You'll be surprised by how easily this helps you reach a fundraising goal.
- Mail in Offline Donations. Head to the Checks & Cash page for help getting these in on time.
- Win Awards. Top fundraising individuals and fundraising teams will earn awards during the closing celebration on Oct. 24.
HOW TO DONATE
To contribute toward an individual team's fundraising goal, click on the 'donate' button anywhere you see it. Select either 'fundraiser' or 'team fundraiser,' and then search for the desired page. You can also become a fundraiser yourself when donating and multiply your impact!