We have all been affected by cancer in some way, so let's come together to create awareness, honor our heroes, and support our community. All proceeds from the Colors 4 a Cure 5K will benefit the Richard Jacob Rudy Memorial Fund, a 501c3 non-profit organization, whom will in turn donate to local families and individuals being affected by cancer.
Enjoy bright throws of color, music, water stops, and the fellowship of runners and walkers, and family and friends. Let's honor and recognize those who have faced or are facing cancer with a race dedicated to the celebration of life!!!
Registration continues through race day! Online registration is open through 10/1. Registration will be available at the race on race day 10/2. The cost is $25 per participant. All donations of any size are greatly appreciated! Come out as an individual runner or walker, or join a team! Wear the color of cancer awareness of choice or white. Let's COLOR the town! Let's all come together for a day of FUN and HAPPINESS, while we support our own community members facing hard times.
Our course is along a beautiful, scenic walking/running path in a park called Wickham Woodlands in Warwick Ny. Our course is mostly flat and the total distance is 3.5 miles. The race will be timed. Visit www.RJRmemorialfund.org for info, or call Katie Rudy-Tomczak 845-987-0797. **THANK YOU**
Event details and schedule
The Colors 4 a Cure 5K will be held on 10/2/21
The schedule is as follows:
8am Registration opens for day-of registrations as well as packet pick-up for pre-registrants. Breakfast, snacks, and beverages will be available. Music will be provided.
10am Race starts. The course is 3 laps through Wickham Woodlands park and is 3.5 miles total.
1200pm: Awards ceremony.
If you have pre-registered, please bring your confirmation email (which has a bar code) or ID.
***Please be prepared runners, walkers, skippers, dancers, HAPPY people!! Read the INFO below:
1. There will be port-a-potties available.
2. Bring a change of clothes and towel for your car seat and a plastic shopping bag to separate colored clothes if necessary.
3. Wear sunglasses!
3. Water will be available before and after the race, as well as at water stations along the course.
4. Snacks will be available: bagels, apples, granola bars, apple cider, cookies.
5. Anyone not wanting color will avoid color if in the front or staying at the back for the greater part. Walk/Jog away a couple feet and perhaps holding a hand up if you need to communicate with color thrower avoiding the colored powder made of a combination of non toxic and free of heavy metals...cornstarch/baking soda and FD&C dyes.
6. The colored thrower will likely aim at mid section, and participant may consider wearing their own bandana or dust mask for their mouths as an extra protection by choice.
7. Bring a zip lock pouch/bag for your cell phone, as you'll need to be careful to protect your own camera/phones from wandering powder.
8. Some people like to wear a head band to keep their hair up and color from sweeping in their eyes. Some my wear a baseball cap.
9. Checks and Cash for same day last minute entries at $25. Please be sure to sign our waiver prior to participating in the evet.
10. The course is well marked, with 2 and 3 colored throw stations with color powder.
11. Strollers are welcome. Kids walking on their own power must be registered with a bib, otherwise in a stroller is commonly done and not needed to register. Be prepared for young children with powder and bandanas and eye care. **Please use caution with any pets - please have them leashed and protect them from the powder.
12. Parking signs and attendants will be clear, available. Parking is Free.
13. The color powder does usually wash out when done fairly soon. There are ways of "Staying the color" using vinegar.
14. The charity event does not have refunds or transfer of entries. A little rain will not hurt anyone, and will likely be fine for the event. A passing Thunder storm would only delay the event, and sustained storm would be another story.
-Katie Rudy-TOmczak 845-987-0797