(postmark by August 11, 2017)
- Early Registration: $25.00 (through May 22, 2017)
- Registration: $30.00 (through July 23, 2017)
- Late Registration: $35 (through August 25, 2017)available to walk ups only on Aug 25th
- Race Day Registration: $40 (August 26, 2017) walk up only
- Individual (Virtual Runner): $25 (through Aug 25, 2017 5:00PM)
- If you can’t join us at Fernhill Park for the Heroes in Recovery 6K, run/walk six kilometers virtually! Send us a selfie of your participation in the 6K experience wherever you are and we will send you your finishers medal and commemorative race tech shirt! Don't forget to include which 6K location your virtually supporting! Unless you specify otherwise, we will feature your photo on our social media page.
*We are unable to provide refunds or transfers to another participate, but can change your registration to a virtual runner (no difference in cost will be refunded for change).
You may only qualify to win in one category and must be present to receive your award.
Overall Male and Female Winners
First Place – $150
Second Place – $130
Third Place – $120
“Almost Podium” Fourth Place – $100
*If you are 40+ years old and are the fourth overall person to cross the finish line – you will be placed as the Overall “Almost Podium” Fourth Place winner.
Overall Masters Male and Female Winners
First Place – $100
Second Place – $75
Third Place – $50
“Almost Podium” Fourth Place – $25
Other award categories – Age Group Awards Male/Female:
10 and under, 11-14, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, 80+
Each Participant will receive:
- A Finisher's Medal upon crossing the Finish Line!
- Tech Tank (Women's/Men's Specific)
- Post Race Nutrition
Event details and schedule
The 2017 Charity Beneficiary
The charity beneficiary for this run/walk is Hooper Detox of Central City Concern.
Central City Concern (CCC) provides comprehensive solutions to ending homelessness and achieving self-sufficiency. This is done through providing affordable and supportive housing; integrated primary, behavioral, and addiction treatment health care services; employment support; and positive peer relationships. Hooper Detox, a CCC program, provides medical detoxification and stabilization services, a crucial step for many who have resolved to address their substance use and start the path to recovery. Patients who successfully complete the Hooper program are often connected to the rest of CCC’s continuum of ongoing treatment and supportive housing services in order.
Click HERE to donate!
Be a Volunteer
Interested in helping out at the Heroes 6K Run/Walk in Portland? Volunteers have the option to run the race, too! Each volunteer will receive a Heroes volunteer shirt at check-in. VOLUNTEER HERE!
Schedule of Events
Packet Pick Up/Walk Up Registration (Cash/Check Only Please)
Date: Friday, August 25th
Time: 2- 7:00 PM
Location: Road Runner Sports, 29 NW 23rd Pl, Portland, OR 97210
** BONUS! Race participants will receive $10 off purchases of $30 or more during packet pick up hours. Don’t miss out on the the Packet Pickup party! Restrictions apply. See store for details. **
Race Day Registration/Packet Pick Up (Cash/Check Only Please)
Date: Saturday, August 26th
Location: Fernhill Park; 6010 NE 37th Ave, Portland, OR 97211
Walk Up Registration Opens: 6:30 AM – 7:30 AM
Race Start Time: 8 AM
Award Ceremony: 9 AM