TBF Mountain Bike Clinic – Off Road Mountain Biking
This clinic is for all levels of riders - with 2 skill levels, and includes professional MTB coaching, drills & skills clinic, dirt-crit practice race, fun group trail ride, and refreshments.
Event details and schedule
Skills You will Learn at the TBF MTB Level 1 Clinic:
- Equipment, bike set-up, trail stewardship & etiquette
- Gear Selection, cadence, shifting
- Balance - bike position, body movement, pedal technique, grip pressure
- Starts – mounting/dismounting the bike, power starts.
- Stops – body position, speed control, stops, emergency stops.
- Cornering – surface type, ground conditions, tire pressure, line selection, speed control, body position, vision, exit power
- Wheel lifts – front, rear, hops, curbs
- Cornering practice after skills
- Short Trail ride after cornering practice
Skills You will Learn at the TBF MTB Level 2 Clinic:
- Basics review (Skill above from Level 1 Clinic)
- Reading terrain - understanding the flow of the trail
- Line selection - set-up, speed control, alternate lines
- Passing techniques - verbal communication, accelerations
- Climbing & descending - pedal technique, cadence, body movement
- Clearing obstacles, drop-offs
- Sand riding and jumping techniques
- Wide variety of sweet trails, granite boulders, jumps, rock gardens & more
- TBF Coaches discuss favorite trails & places to ride
Each clinic includes Clif Bar and FLUID fuel/snacks and will conclude with a coached ride on local trails at Granite Beach to practice and confirm your new skills.
Schedule for TBF MTB Clinic:
9 a.m. - Welcome & Coach Introduction.
9:15 a.m. - Discussion on equipment, apparel, safety, maintenance.
9:30 a.m. - Warm Up laps then further drills and skill will be covered with several short breaks for snacks and questions.
Clinic will end at Noon.
For more information about custom individual and group mountain bike clinics please contact Mark@totalbodyfitness.com.