Haggen to Haggen is a Whatcom County community event. The race is in its 24th year and in 2017 the event will be held on Saturday, May 6th, 2017. The course begins at Sehome Haggen and ends at Meridian Haggen. At the finish line sponsors will be sampling great products Haggen has to offer. Shuttles will be available for getting back to Sehome Haggen starting at 8:45am.
This is a Greater Bellingham Running Club(GBRC) sponsored event and proceeds from this event help fund four $1000 scholarships a year as well as shoe vouchers to low income high school runners, track workouts, keeping equipment up-to-date, providing a better quality running experiences for those in need.
Event details and schedule
Online registration was a great success in 2016, we will continue again this year with no mail in registration. There will be no day of race registration.
Early-Bird Registration (March 1 thru April 17)
Runners – $7 registration ($22 with a tech shirt)
Walkers – $5 registration ($20 with a tech shirt)
Kids Twelve and under are Free – Coupon Code- H2HCHILD
Normal Registration (April 18 thru May 4 at midnight)
Runners and Walkers – $10 (tech shirts can also be purchased for $15 while supplies last)
If a tech shirt is purchased online, the shirt and race packets (bib and chip) will be available for pick up at 7am on Saturday, May 6th at Sehome Haggen. Allow 15 minutes to get from race number pickup area to race start.
Again This Year
- Haggen to Haggen is a certified 5k
- Runners and Walkers will start together at 8am.
- Race Bib and chip timing for Runners (chip timing will be set up at the Start and Finish)
- Shirt and race packets (bib and chip for runners) will be available for pick up on Saturday, May 6th at Sehome Haggen beginning at 6:30am.
Saturday, May 6, 2017 at the Sehome Village Haggen, participants start at 8:00am and finish at the Meridian Haggen. Please allow 15 minutes to get from packet pickup area to race start. Packet pickup begins at 7am.
Shuttles will be available for getting back to Sehome Haggen starting at 8:45am.
- Race Bib for walkers (walkers are not timed)
- Portion of the race supports GBRC scholarship funding
- At the race finish sponsors will provide sample sized or retail sized product for participants
- Prizes given to the top 3 male and female finishers (Provided by Haggen and Fairhaven Runners)
- 7am race shirt/bib/chip pickup/day of race packet pick up- there will be NO day of race registration
- 8am Runners and walkers start
- 8:45am to 10:45am shuttle buses return to Sehome Village
- Please allow 15 minutes to get from race number pickup area to race start
- Tech shirt will be sold at the start and finish line for $15. There will be a limited number of shirts available to purchase day of.
- For the safety of all participants, no pets are allowed
- Course will be closing at 9:30am