NEW DATE: MARCH 26th, 2017. The series finale is not the event to miss. Lots of climbing, river crossings, sandy beaches, and endless singletrack. Best part? After race party hosted at Rock Springs Cafe. Can we say pie????
All participants get an awesome race shirt (I promise it won’t be another white one), cool finisher medals, entry into a great swag raffle, and a yummy breakfast.
Event details and schedule
- Your feet most likely will get wet.
- Because your feet may get wet, there is a strong possibility sand may get in your shoes. Well venitilated = wet and sandy on this course so plan accordingly.
- NO LATE STARTS. Budget your time to get to Black Canyon City and catch the shuttle if you are running the 1/2 marathon. You must start ahead of the sweep in order to receive a finish time.
- HEADPHONES = DQ. This too is a safety issue. This course consists almost entirely of singletrack with a ton of exposure. You need to be aware of your surroundings. When you pass someone you, they need to be able to hear you coming. If you are found wearing headphones at any time you will be disqualified. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- This course is awesome! If you've never been out here, be prepared for a treat :)
Half Marathon COURSE INFO:
Start time: 7:30 am
Route: A point to point 1/2 marathon. Race starts off of Table Mesa Road and follows the Black Canyon Trail to Black Canyon City and Rock Springs Cafe. 4 aid stations. It is strongly recommended that runners carry additional water.
Water/Power Gels/Power Bars/Gatorade at Aid Stations A, B, C, and D as well as at the Start and Finish lines.
Restrooms located at all Start and Finish lines.
We recommend that you arrive 1 1/2 -2 hour before start of event to allow adequate time for parking, shuttling, packet pickup, and warmup.
1/2 Marathon Shuttles: Shuttles will be provided to transport runners to the start line for the 1/2 marathon. Runners may use their own transportation to be dropped off at the start line, however, there will be no parking permitted at the Table Mesa Trailhead. There will be coffee, music, and a fire at the 13.1 mile start for those of you who take the earlier shuttles. First shuttle leaves at 5:30am. Last shuttle leaves at 6:40am.
Course Closes: 11:15am
9K COURSE INFO:
Start time: 8:30 am
Course Closes: 10:45
Route: Counterclockwise lollipop starting at the Rock Springs Cafe. 2 aid stations. River crossings, up/down, river rocks, sand. This course has it all.
NO SHUTTLES REQUIRED FOR 9K RUNNERS.
We recommend that you arrive 1 hour before start of event to allow adequate time for parking, packet pickup, and warmup.