This is not your average triathlon. You or your relay team will have a scenic journey to the badlands while you kayak, bike and run through Glendive. Your journey will start at the Glendive Boat Ramp off of N. River Ave where you will kayak on the Yellowstone River for 8.3 miles to the Kemp’s property (the area will be well marked). Then you will get out to grab your bike and ride 11.5 miles down Bell Prairie Road on gravel and back into town where you will park your bikes at the EPEC. Then you will run 2.1 miles into Eyer Park where you will finish your journey. At the finish we will have a beer garden, food trucks and vendors to help you celebrate your journey to the badlands and replenish those calories you lost along the way.
The route- https://www.plotaroute.com/route/1133481
*Kayaks, canoes and paddle boards will all be acceptable for the water portion. Your flotation device is your choice as long as it is a one man vessel without a motor.
*We will provide transportation to the bike transition from the starting line in the morning for relay teams. We will also, be bringing the bikes out there and bringing the kayaks back to EPEC.
*This will be on an open course please be aware of your surroundings at all times.
**When signing up online with a relay team your kayaker will be the "swim" leg.
Event details and schedule
Holiday Inn Express (406)377-3300 1919 N. Merrill Ave. Glendive, MT
Yellowstone River Inn (406)377-4433 1903 N. Merrill Ave. Glendive, MT
La Quinta (406)377-7300 1717 N. Merrill Ave. Glendive, MT
Baymont Inn (406)414-6150 2006 N. Merrill Ave. Glendive, MT
*Call to Book a Room at these locations and mention this event to get a discount on your stay.
- Individual or team must provide their own equipment (kayak, life jacket, oars, bike and helmet)
- Numbers must be marked on the body according to body marking regulations and each individual or team member must have their numbers displayed on them
- Numbers must be visible on the participants, their kayak and bike
- Relay teams will consist of three persons of your choice. We don’t judge. You will pick which teammate will kayak, bike and run.
- All participants within a team will complete the kayak sequentially, bike sequentially, and run sequentially. To further clarify, athlete 1 will complete the kayak portion, tag athlete 2 who will then complete the bike, tag athlete 3 who will complete the run.
- This is on an open course, be aware of traffic.
- Play nice with others.
- Have Fun!
**When signing up online with a relay team your kayaker will be the "swim" leg.**