All Wheels Up funds research and initiatives to improve accessible airtravel for people with disabilities. New York Road Runners (NYRR) has awarded All Wheels Up (AWU) with five charity bibs for the March 20, 2022, United Airlines NYC Half as part of its official nonprofit partner program.
How to Sign Up
If you are interested in running the 2022 United Airlines NYC Half Marathon on behalf of AWU:
- Read all the information, terms, and conditions listed on this page.
- If you agree with terms and conditions, email Michele Erwin for your race code. You will need this to sign up.
- Click the Sign Up button (once you have received your race code) on this page and follow the instructions for the registration process.
As an Applicant, You Agree That:
- If selected, you will pay the NYRR registration fee: $130 for NYRR members or $145 for nonmembers.
- You will raise funds to support AWU as detailed in this application. If injured or unable to run, you remain responsible for raising or donating the funds you have agreed to raise.
- You will follow all NYRR rules for the 2022 United Airlines Half.
If Selected as a Team Member, You Will Receive:
- Fundraising tools and support to help you achieve your fundraising goals.
- AWU will offer all entrants use of NYRR’s “Tier 1” online training program. Entrants must specifically request this service.
- Correspondence and promotional tools from AWU.
Information for Athletes with Disabilities
Push-rim wheelchairs: If you are an athlete with a disability (AWD) and intend to use a push-rim chair, we’ll need to obtain approval from NYRR. Please provide the following information:
- Confirmation you will use a push-rim chair.
- Predicted finishing time for the event distance.
- NYRR may require a photo of the wheelchair intended for use—please provide a photo for our approval submission.
- AWU will communicate approval request and confirm back with entrant.
- The process of obtaining the approval and registration of the entrant in the charity entry system must take place prior to the registration deadline.
Handcycles: Unfortunately, we are unable to accept participants using handcycles, trikes, or similar equipment.
Terms and Conditions
All runners must raise the minimum fundraising by MARCH 15, 2022!
Cancellation policy: You may not cancel your fundraising commitment. There are no refunds of any acquired donations. After March 15, 2022, you are responsible for raising the minimum of $1,250—even if, for any reason, including injury or illness, you are unable to run in the 2022 NYC half marathon. Donations raised and received by our office will not be refunded under any circumstance even in the event of the NYC half marathon being cancelled.
In the situation of a runner who defaults on this agreement and his or her credit card is not valid for any reason, All Wheels Up reserves the right to pursue collection of the debt, and the runner will be fully responsible for any and all legal fees incurred by this process. Credit card information will be collected upon setup of the runner’s personal fundraising page through RUNSIGNUP, All Wheels Up's online donation platform.
Thank You from All Wheels Up!
- All Wheels Up partners with community leaders, businesses, and nonprofit organizations. Together, we can make a difference by investing in improving accessible air travel.
- All Wheels Up is the only non-for-profit funding research for a wheelchair spot on planes—the true definition of accessible travel.
- All Wheels Up provides community outreach through our Fly Safe Today program, providing devices for people to fly safely and with dignity today as AWU works to improve accessible air travel with a wheelchair spot on airplanes in the future.