Fill the Shoes is proud to present the 11th annual "Fill the Shoes" 5K in honor of Jack. T. Farrar Jr., a long time Hayfield Farm resident who passed away in November, 2005 just 3 months after a diagnosis of stage 4 pancreatic cancer.
This community race is dedicated to Jack and all people affected by pancreatic cancer. Net proceeds of this event will go directly to the Pancreatic Cancer Action Network (www.pancan.org) to support them in their mission to "advance research, support patients and create hope for those affected by pancreatic cancer".
Event details and schedule
About This Event:
Come support your community and a very worthy cause by running or walking in the 11th annual 5K to fight pancreatic cancer.
- When. Saturday, November 5th, 2022. 8:00 AM - 10:00 AM.
- Where. Hayfield Park, 7611 Hayfield Rd, Alexandria, VA 22315. (Keep reading for detailed parking information.)
- Registration. On-line registration is open through Thursday November, 3rd. Registration is $30 through October 15th and $35 through November 3rd. You may register at packet pickup on November 4th for $40 (cash or check only). You may also register at the race site the morning of November 5th for $40 (cash or check only).
- Course. The course is 3 looper starting and ending in Hayfield Park, run clock-wise. For a detailed course map please refer to our website www.filltheshoes.org
- Timing and Scoring. Our good friends at Reston Road Runners will provide accurate timing and scoring for all event participants. All race times and results will be available on site after the event and we will make them available on our website within 24hrs.
- Awards and Extras. ALL race participants will be treated to a custom race shirt, goodies from our sponsors, and a great post-race party with food and raffle prizes. In addition, we award the top 3 overall male and female winners AND the top 3 male and female in each of the following age groups (Under 10, 10-14, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70 & Over).
- Packet Pickup. Packet pickup will be Friday, November 4th from 12-6:00pm at TBD or you maye pick up your packet on race day in Hayfield Park from 6:45am-7:30am.
- Event Parking. There is parking available on the streets of Hayfield Farm, with the exception of Bing Ct between Hayfield Rd and Broadmoor St/Berwick Ct. Please be respectful of our Hayfield neighbors!
There is additional parking in the lot of the shopping center at corner of Hayfield and Telegraph Roads, and at Hayfield Elementary School (both are a short walk to the park).
Hope to see you on Nov 5th - tell a friend!