The Cape May County Coast Guard Community Foundation will be hosting the inaugural Always Ready 5K on Saturday, October 15, 2022. This landmark event will flow through the scenic city of Cape May and will offer the unique opportunity to run through the U.S. Coast Guard Training Center Cape May. Registration will open May 1st and we hope you will add this exciting race to your Fall schedule!
- Chip timed with instant results thanks to DelmoPro
- Awards to the Top 3 Female & Male Overall and in Age Groups: 14 & under, 15-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60+
- Commemorative Always Ready 5K Coast Guard Challenge Coin for all finishers
- Pre- race packet pickup will be available Friday October 14th. More details to come.
- Race Day pickup and registration will open at 7:00 am and close at 8:50 to ensure an on-time start at 9:00 am
This race will start and finish at Harborview Park and will bring runners by Fishermans Memorial as they enter Coast Guard Training Center Cape May, the home of the Coast Guard enlisted corps and the Coast Guard's only enlisted accession point and recruit training center. A nearly 1.5 mile tour of the base will promise plenty of monumental views running along the harbor and a glimpse of the cutters at port. Course details are subject to change. A map will be available closer to race day.
- Virtual 5K runners will have the entire month of October to complete their best 5K time
- Submit as many efforts as you want between Oct 1st and 31st to improve your spot on the leaderboard
- Virtual Participants will receive an Always Ready T-shirt, Challenge Coin, and Magnet. Virtual packets will not be mailed out until late September.
- We will discount the cost of shipping to anyone who opts to pickup their race packet at the pre-race packet pickup on 10/14/22 (at a Cape May location tbd)
ABOUT THE ORGANIZERS
Founded in 2015, the mission of the Cape May County Coast Guard Community Foundation is to nurture the relationship between Coast Guard members and their families and the people of Cape May County. We host and promote family-friendly activities throughout the year to celebrate the men and women of the United States Coast Guard serving in the South Jersey region. Our programs honor Coast Guard men and women who serve our country and celebrate the county’s designation as a Coast Guard Community. We also support projects that enhance the morale and welfare of members of the United States Coast Guard and their families.
The foundation partners with Cape May County, its 16 municipalities and other community partners throughout the year to present activities that educate about the deep connections between the Coast Guard and the region. Cape May County is designated as a “Coast Guard Community”, one of a select number of cities and counties in the nation. The honor is reserved for communities that show special support and consideration for the Coast Guard and was awarded after approval by the United States Coast Guard and an act of Congress.
Second Capital Running produces races throughout South Jersey with the mission of cultivating strong community action and leadership through the sport of running. We are honored to work alongside the Cape May County Coast Guard Community Foundation to bring another iconic event to Cape May.