Experience America's Newest National Park
Experience New River Gorge National Park through this one-of-a-kind event! Starting at the Charlie McCoy Town Park in Fayetteville, West Virginia, this challenging trail race goes into the National Park, through the forest, and loops back to the start, offering views of the river hundreds of feet below. With significant elevation gain, each race offers a difficult yet scenic course. The New River Gorge National Park offers a wide variety of activities and sites to see post-race as well!
"The course is well marked so you can't get lost!" - 2021 Participant
50k Course Description
New this year, the New River Gorge 50k! Travelling the same course as the Half Marathon, the 50k also has a scenic out and back along the rim of the gorge. With nearly 6,000 ft. of elevation gain and loss on single track trails, the 50k is a course that will push you...but the views will be worth it. The rhododendron tunnels, high passages along the rim, breathtaking vistas, and historic forests perfectly represent West Virginia as Wild and Wonderful!
Half Marathon Course Description
Explore the National Park Trail System with this challenging yet scenic course. The trail surface consists primarily of dirt and gravel. Take in stunning views of the New River Gorge Bridge on Dalton Trail and gaze at the gorge below while running over Kaymoor Top!
5K Course Description
Run under the longest single span arch bridge in the western hemisphere on this challenging 5k trail! This dirt single-track course has 500ft of elevation gain.
"It feels like you're in a rainforest!" - 2021 Participant
All participants will receive:
- Short Sleeve Performance Shirt
- Beautifully Designed Finisher Medal
- Refreshment Packages
- Custom Race Bib with Your Name
- Free Professional On Course Photography
Awards will be given to the Top 3 Overall Male and Female Open & Masters Finishers as well as the top 3 male and female finishers in the following age groups: 18-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60+. There will be no in-person award ceremony. All awards will be mailed. A virtual awards ceremony will be posted on YouTube in the week following the event.
All finishers of the Bridge Double will receive a custom crafted Bridge Double medal.
All 50k participants will have the option to start their race at any point from 6:30 am to 7:00 am. Half Marathon participants will have from 7:30 am to 8:00 am and all 5k participants will have from 7:00 pm to 7:10 pm. The start will be chip timed so there is no penalty to starting later. All results will be based on net (chip) time.
Restrooms and Aid Stations
- Portable restrooms will be placed at start/finish area and Kaymoor Top. See course maps below for more detail.
- Aid stations will be equipped with first aid kits, water, Hammer Nutrition's HEED Sports Drink, cookies, bananas, granola bars, candy, etc. A more detailed list of exactly what foods will be at each aid station will be released in an email closer to the race date. Aid station locations are listed on the race maps below in the Course Details section.
Packet Pick Up
- 4:30-8:30 PM on Friday, June 17th at Fayetteville Town Park
- 5:30-8:00 AM on Saturday, June 18th at Fayetteville Town Park