Marathon beginning at Big Creek Education Center and finishing in Columbia Falls, Montana. The Marathon borders Glacier National Park and the Flathead river with incredible views. The course is a mix of gravel and pavement to ease the knees with some rolling hills to keep your legs awake and rocking the entire route. The Marathon course is a Boston Qualifying event and will guarantee to make you fall in love with northwest Montana and all its beauty as you race to cross the finish line in quaint Columbia Falls, Montana.
The Half Marathon course comes in half way through the Marathon Route and continues through the beautiful views and fall colors along a 100% paved course finishing in Columbia Falls, Montana.
Race offers each participant a shirt and finishers medal along with other great food and swag at the finish line.
Marathon is put on by Logan Health Fitness
What time does the Marathon and Half Marathon Start
- 6am Start for Both races
Where is the Start Line?
- Big Creek Education Center
Where is the finish line?
- Nucleus Avenue, Columbia Falls in front of Logan Health Rehabilitation Clinic 235 Nucleus Avenue
How long are runner’s allowed on the course?
- Runners have 6.5 hours to finish the race. Course will close at 2pm to runners.
Are Spectators allowed on the course?
- Spectators will be allowed along North Fork Road following Blankenship road (towards Columbia Falls). The North Fork road will be closed to all spectators and through traffic north of the end of the pavement. Only homeowners and emergency personal and team cars will be allowed on the route north of the pavement.
Are there Pacers for this Race?
What is the Team Event?
- The team event includes a team of up to 4 runners who all run 6.5 miles approx. They will tag off at designated team stations. Each team is allowed one vehicle on the course.
Is this race a Boston Qualifier
What if I am unable to complete the full race?
- Please notify a race official that you are not finishing the race.
What if I get sick or can’t do the race?
- This race is non-refundable
Can I give a friend my registration if I choose not to run?
- Please notify the Race Director prior to doing this. The runner will be disqualified if they have not notified the Race Director as this is a safety concern.
Is there runner tracking?
- Yes, details TBD
Can I listen to music along the course
- We do not have a rule disallowing listening to music, but by listening to music you are assuming the risk of not hearing an oncoming car or other traffic that could cause injury or death.
What is the course?
- Big Creek to Blankenship to Columbia Falls. Map coming soon
Can I have a friend pace me?
Will there be a photographer on the course?
- Yes there will be a photographer taking photos along the race route. Don’t forget to smile
Are bikes, strollers and/or dogs allowed on the course?
- We allow strollers on the course. We DO NOT allow dogs or bikes on the course
Is there an expo/packet pick up prior to race day?
- Yes, time and location TBD
Is there a place to drop my bag at race start and retrieve at the finish?
- Yes, exact location TBD
Is there a post-race gathering?
- Yes, time and location TBD
Are there hotels that offer race participants a discount in the area?
- Yes, TBD
Will Glacier Park be open when we are there?
- Yes. Going to the Sun road will also be open, unless weather conditions require closure.
What time of Gels/drinks will be on the course?
- Hammer products
How do we get to the start line?
- All participants will park in Columbia Falls in designated parking areas and will be bused to the start. There will be no parking at the Start line.
· How do we get back to our car after we finish the race?
- There will be a shuttle that will be running all morning and into the afternoon to return runners to their cars if they are parked in the designated parking lot. If the runner chooses to park in any other area, they will need to have their own transportation back to their vehicles.
What if folks not doing the race want to get to Polebridge the morning of the race?
- The North Fork road will be closed 6am -11am from Big Creek to beginning of the pavement to through traffic. Folks will be redirected through the West Glacier entrance to the park and September 24th is a Fee Free day for GNP