Join us for Miles for Malawi, a run/walk event benefiting Pamoza International's work in rural Malawi.
The communities Pamoza serves have no running water, no electricity, and very few basic resources. Out of the 32,000 people in Pamoza's service area, fewer than 5 families have a car. That means nearly everyone walks.
Miles for Malawi is an amazing opportunity to support programs that help families in rural Malawi get easier access to the services they need.
Consider the average one-way distances someone in rural Malawi walks:
- 1 mile to the nearest borehole (water well)
- 2 miles to the nearest church
- 4 miles to the nearest high school
- 6 miles to the nearest rural hospital
How to participate in Miles for Malawi:
- Please register by May 8th, 2022 in order to guarantee you receive your t-shirt on time and that you are eligible to receive some of the prizes. Kindly note that any registrations after May 8th cannot be guaranteed a t-shirt before the event.
- Create a personal fundraising page to help raise money for programs in rural Malawi - don't forget to link it to your Facebook page.
- If you will be doing the virtual race, map out a 5K (3.1 miles) course of your choice. Treadmills are welcome.
- You have until 11:59 PM on June 4th, 2022 to complete your virtual 5K walk or run.
- Submit your results and upload any pictures on our 5K site. Feel free to use an app like Strava, Map My Walk or any app of your choice to track your walk/run time.
Registration: $30 per person over age 12, $10 per person for 5-12, Free for children under 5, Onsite registration $40
Rain date: We hope to have good weather but if it rains on June 4th, we will have the race the following day on June 5th, 2022.