September 3-5, 2022, Orlando, FL -- Marathon, Half, 10K, 5K
WARNING: Before you continue reading, be advised these events are destined to be the worst ever. Set your expectations low—very low—so that your disappointment will be minimal. We don’t promise much, and will likely provide even less.
- What: Labor Day Triple Full marathon, Half marathon, 10K, 5K
- When: September 3, September 4, September 5
- Where: Cady Way Trail Head, 821 Herndon Avenue, Orlando, FL
- Start Times: Full marathon 4:00 am; Half marathon 4:05 am;
- 10K 4:10 am or 6:00 am; 5K 4:15 am or 6:00 am
- Time Limit: 9 hours
- Parking: Across the street (Herndon) from the trail head in the outer reaches of the mall parking lot.
These races are NOT for people who want a cleverly designed t-shirt or hat, great bling (actually, any bling), cute reusable race bag, spectators lining the course, crowds cheering you in, hearty food at the finish, exciting music, and a party afterward, all on a certified course. There are plenty of events out there for you.
No, these races are bare bones, low-key events for those who simply can’t survive a long holiday weekend without a triple. You get low entry fees, courses that are probably long, a cheap finisher’s medal, minimal support, and a generous time limit. But who needs all that other stuff? As one of the cool kids, you know all you need is an event to run and a finish time. You know you want to sign up.
The only aid station is at the start/finish. We will provide water and Gatorade, along with a few light snacks. We suggest you bring your own bottles for fluids. Orlando is hot and humid.
Courses: The marathon course is twelve out-and-back laps of at least 2.2 miles on a flat, partly shaded, paved urban run/bike trail. The half marathon course is six laps. The 5K and 10K courses are two and four laps of at least 1.55 miles. Turn arounds will be clearly marked.
- Full marathon: single day $60; all three days $170
- Half marathon: single day $50; all three days $140
- 10K: single day $30; all three days $80
- 5K: single day $20; all three days $50
Needed: Two volunteers. Each volunteer earns a free race entry. For example, son volunteers day 1, mother runs free, any distance. First come, first served. Contact Bettie at email@example.com.