It's time to SwimRun KNOX!
SwimRun is about the experience, stepping out of your comfort zone, pushing yourself to the limit, and taking on whatever the course throws at you. You are about to embark on an epic adventure through nature either individually or with your teammate. Either way, you are guaranteed to have stories to tell when it’s all over!
How does SwimRun Work?
SwimRun racing is about getting from A to B in teams of two or individually along a pre-determined cross-country style course consisting of a number of runs and swims. Teams must be equipped with some compulsory safety gear as well as optional wetsuits, shoes, and other equipment they wish to bring, such as paddles, buoys, and fins. Each team of two must stay within 10 meters of each other at all times. Teams and individuals must complete the race with all equipment they started with. There are 13 total legs of running and swimming combined in the long-course event at PBR Swim Run Knox and 9-legs in the Short Course.
There is parking at Ijams Nature Center, and there are a few overflow lots a short walk away.
Athlete Check-in will include: Race Bib, Swim Cap, Bib number tattoos, Participant Schwag (T-shirt and other items), and Course Cue Sheets
All athletes must have the following gear:
- Race Jersey- must be visible at all times during the race
- Official Race cap - must be worn visibly on the head during all of the swims
- Race number tattoos
- A wetsuit that covers the torso if temperature rule is in effect
- Safety whistle
At least one member of each team must also carry:
- Waterproof first-aid pressure bandage AND/OR waterproof first aid kit
- Timing Chip - provided by race officials
Optional but recommended gear:
- Pull buoy
- Waterproof pouch
- personal nutrition options
Award categories: Individual, short course teams, and long course teams
Schedule of events:
Saturday, June 24th, 5-7 pm Voluntary Athlete Check-in (location TBA)
Sunday, June 25th at Meades Quarry
- 5:30-7 am Mandatory athlete check-in and gear check opens
- 7:05 am Mandatory Pre-Race Athlete Briefing - Meades Quarry
- 7:30 am Race Start for all divisions
- 10 am-2 pm Finish Line Celebration
- 10:30 am Individual and Short course awards ceremony
- 12:30 pm Long Course Awards Ceremony
- 2:30 pm Course Cutoff