This program is open to women of all fitness levels, from Walkers to Advanced Runners. It is a good way to get started into walking/running, or if you're currently a runner, to improve your pace and learn valuable information to maximize your performance.
2022 WOMEN RUN WALK MEMPHIS PROGRAM
Presented by Memphis Runners Track Club
Follow us on Facebook for updates!
Registration Fees: $35 through midnight June 27, 2022
$40 June 28- July 25, Registration closes midnight July 25, 2022
Registration includes: WRWM EXPO, Monday night training sessions, WRWM technical t-shirt or tank and participation in the Graduation 5K
WRWM Graduation 5K: Saturday, September 10, 2022 8AM
EXPO: Monday June 27, 2022, 5-7pm, Shelby Farms Pavilion #7
First Training Session: Monday, July 11th, 2022
Memphis Runners Track Club (MRTC) is proud to support women and running by hosting the 2022 Women Run/Walk Memphis training program (2010 RRCA Beginning Runner's Program Winner) with groups for Walkers, Beginning, Intermediate and Advanced Runners, ending with the Graduation 5K for participants only on Saturday, September 10, 2022, 8am.
- Registration closes midnight, July 25, 2022 or when program maximum (1,200) is reached, whichever is first
- Registration includes once-weekly (Monday night) training sessions, a technical shirt or tank and the Graduation 5K (for participants only)
- Any female age 10 and above is welcome
- WRWM will Kick-off with an Expo Monday, June 27, 5-7pm, Shelby Farms Pavilion #7
- At the Expo you will have a chance to register (if you haven't already), meet the coaches and have any of your questions answered, purchase technical wear, learn from local running stores about shoes and proper running apparel, and visit vendors and sponsors booths.
- Pacing-oriented training begins July 11, 2022, meeting every Monday evening, 6:30pm, July - August (NO training on Labor Day)
- Please arrive early for announcements or speakers
- Locations are outlined on each group's page (links in menu above)
- YES - you can miss training sessions if needed - just follow the training plan for that week as noted on the page for your group. (links in menu above)
TRAINING WILL INCLUDE INFORMATION ON TOPICS SUCH AS:
- Choosing the proper training program for your current abilities
- Properly following your training program
- Proper Form
- Nutrition and Hydration
- The importance of proper shoes and technical clothing
- Warm Up/Cool Down/Stretching
The 'Graduation' 5K will be held Saturday, September 10th, 8am at Hope Church, located at 8500 Walnut Grove Rd, Cordova, TN 38018
This race is open only to women who have registered for and completed the training program.
Please note that event communication will be via email, Facebook, and posted to this site. If you include an email address on your registration and do not receive updates PLEASE CONTACT US.
Some business firewalls and/or spam filters will block our emails; MRTC and WRWM are not responsible for failure to receive our updates.