The Vallejo City Unified School District (VCUSD) presents the 2022 Vallejo Waterfront Weekend 5K Glo Run on October 1,2022. The run starts with a ferry ride @ 6:30pm from the Vallejo Waterfront Terminal to the newly built Mare Island Terminal, then a point-to-point course around Vallejo’s historical naval base. Participants will finish the last mile running across the Mare Island Causeway Bridge with scenic views of the "Trolls Under the Bridge" art project and waterfront areas.
This is the only evening race in all of the Napa and Solano County area. Come ready to GLOW and race for our Vallejo schools!
Event details and schedule
- hank you for your interest in the Glo Run Vallejo Race for Education! For more information, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Registration is $30 for Individuals and $90 for Teams up to 4;
- Registration is open on the day of the event during the Vallejo Waterfront Weekend. Please arrive early enough to register and/or pick up your bib(s).
- Paid Parking is available in the waterfront and downtown parking lots. Transportation on the ferry to Mare Island is free.
- Participants will take a ferry at 6:30pm from the Vallejo Waterfront Ferry Building to the Mare Island Ferry stop. Then, will proceed onto the course winding through Mare Island historical buildings, across the causeway, under the bridge and back down the Vallejo Waterfront. Race awards and celebration will occur at the Vallejo Waterfront Weekend stage in the park near the ferry building.
- Participants of all ages are welcome and strollers, walkers and dogs are allowed. Although the event is dog-friendly, participants with pets must arrive at the Mare Island starting line on their own. Pets are not allowed on the ferry.
- Starts at the Mare Island Ferry Terminal
- Runs up Ferry St. to Railroad
- Right on 8th St.
- Left on Walnut
- Right on Rickover
- Right on Azuar
- Right on Kansas
- Left on Walnut
- Right on G St.
- Cross bridge
- At end of bridge cross over road to dirt part going in to River Par
- Follow short dirt path under bridge and past Trolls
- Stay on Waterfront Promenade path to the Vallejo Waterfront Weekend Festival grounds
- Finish Line