Welcome to Saraland. Spartans, prepare to enter the swampy South. This 90 acre venue has a dynamic landscape riddled with challenging terrain the Spartan course designers are sure to use to slow you down. From sandy highlands to swampy bogs, prairie land to forest, this course has a little bit of everything. Be prepared to get mucky and dirty as Spartan transforms this southern location into the ultimate obstacle course race.
TOP REASONS TO TAKE ON THIS COURSE:
1. Swamps, mud, and muck. This course will be one of the dirtiest, at the end you’ll look like a cross between a sci-fi zombie and a swamp creature.
2. Enjoy some natural serenity off the course at Bellingrath Gardens, located on the Isle aux Oies River, with a conservatory, nature walk, water features, and several themed gardens.
3. Honor our country’s Armed Forces with a visit to our nation’s sixth naval ship of the U.S. Navy, the USS Alabama Battleship.
4. Locals have been raving to us about how Baumhowers, located at The Wharf in Orange Beach, is spears down the best spot for wings.
5. Want to get your fill of the freshest of seafood, how can you not when so close to the coast? Rest assured there are more than enough options to feast until your heart’s content. The difficult part will be deciding where to dine.
6. Take on an adventure through the swamps with a boat tour that’ll have you shaking in your boots. Whatever you do, don’t try to take a selfie with the crocodiles. Just don’t.