A Gibsonburg Holiday Tradition since 2014! Reach in the back of your closet and dust off that old Christmas Sweater that’s been hiding there for years and join us for some fun and the chance to help this Christmas season!
· COURSE: 5K Course that starts and finishes at Town Hall. Course is well marked, accurate and patrolled for safety.
· ENTRY FEE: It’s Christmas! Far too often at this time of the year we focus on “getting” rather than “giving.” The entry fee for The Ugly Christmas Sweater 5K Run and Walk will ALWAYS be: new and unwrapped toys or non-perishable food items! With the help of the Gibsonburg Ministerial Association and Gibsonburg Schools, toys will be distributed to children from the Gibsonburg community in an effort to help make their Christmas a little brighter. Non-perishable food items will be taken to the Gibsonburg Food Pantry at the end of the event and placed on their shelves for use in the Gibsonburg community during their busiest time of the year.
· AWARDS: Awards will be presented at the conclusion of the event to the Male and Female Adult Participants (over the age of 18) with the Ugliest Christmas Sweaters and to the Boy and Girl Participants (under the age of 18) with the ugliest Christmas Sweaters. PLUS! We’ll have a sleigh load of door prizes!!!!
· POST RACE: Hot Chocolate, Coffee, and WORLD FAMOUS IDEAL BAKERY DONUTS!!!
· SHIRTS: Special shirts are back and available by pre-order for $10 each! Reserve yours by December 5th by mailing form and payment to address below or registering on Run Signup.com (service fee applies). Checks payable to: Village of Gibsonburg
· NOT INTERESTED IN RUNNING OR WALKING, BUT STILL WOULD LIKE TO HELP?: Donations of new and unwrapped toys and non perishable food items will be collected at Town Hall on the day of the event from 8:00 am to 11:00 am.
For more information please contact the Village of Gibsonburg, 526 N. Webster St. Gibsonburg, Ohio 43431. (419) 637-2634 or firstname.lastname@example.org