The MMIW NC Coalition Virtual event is a race at your own pace and place. You can run, walk, bike, hike, canoe, kayak, basically, any movement anywhere. Our mission of this virtual race is to raise awareness, bring solidarity with Indigenous Women, Girls, Two-Spirits, Relatives, victims, grieving families, and individuals working on the frontlines to end this problem of violence against our Indigenous relatives. The proceeds from this year's event will go to MMIW Coalition of NC.
How to Participate:
- Wear your MMIW NC Run Shirt or the color red
- Run, walk, hike, or any movement of your choice for any distance (make your miles matter however you see fit!)
- Share a picture via Instagram or Facebook, and tell us why you are participating.
- Use hashtags #MMIWNC #MMIW #MMIWG2S #MMIR #RACE and
- Tag us on IG @officialmmiwnc on your post or Facebook @MMIWNC
IMPORTANT T-SHIRT INFORMATION!
Please register by March 1st to ensure you have your t-shirt in time for the event! We are so glad to work with a local, Native-owned printing company, and this is their request.
Those who register after the March 1st deadline will still get a t-shirt, but it will likely not arrive in time for the event. If this is you, please wear red or any other MMIW NC t-shirt you have for pictures and to show solidarity!