DINO CHALLENGE FESTIVAL
Saturday, July 1: Trail Run, Downhill MTB, Sort Track MTB, Kayaking, Rock Climbing
Sunday, July 2: Cross-country MTB (DINO MTB Series #3)
North Vernon, IN - Muscatatuck Park
"DINO Challenge Festival"
ONLINE REGISTRATION COMING, IN PERSON RACE DAY REGISTRATION AVAILABLE
Difficulty rating: Hills: 5 / Surface: 4 (1=easy, 5=difficult)
Odds of weather related postponement: <10%
The weekend offers a variety of activities and opportunities that include trail running, mountain biking racing (three types), rock climbing lessons, kayak shuttle trips, camping, and more!
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
All events start near Shelter 2 unless otherwise notedFriday June 30th
- 9:00PM - Night Ride or run on the cross-country mountain bike course. Bring your lights!
Saturday July 1
- 7:00AM - DINO Trail Run Check-in open
- 9:00AM - Start: DINO Trail Run
- 11:00AM - Finish and Awards for Trail Run
- 12 noon - Downhill MTB
- 2 pm - Rock Climbing lessons / clinic
- 2 pm - Short Track MTB race 1 (Junior, Base Women)
- 2:45 - Short Track MTB race 2 (Base Men, Clydesdale, Sport Women)
- 3:30 - Short Track MTB race 3 (Sport Men, Expert M/W)
- 4:45 pm - Kayak Shuttle Trip 1 (longer)
- 7 pm - Kayak Shuttle Trip 2 (shorter)
Sunday July 2
- 8:00AM - Mountain Bike Registration Opens
- 10:00AM - DINO Mountain Bike Series START; Expert, Sport (Men and women)
- 12:00PM - DINO Mountain Bike Series MTB START; Fatbike, Base, Junior, Clydesdale, Intro
DOWNHILL is two runs down the course from Shelter 2 to base of Vinegar Mill. Most of the course is fairly moderate singletrack, but the bottom few hundred feet are steep, rocky, and has drops just before the finish line. Best combined time wins. Fee is $25, or enter the DH and ST for $40 total. Registration is at the race site, Saturday only beginning at 11 am.
SHORT TRACK is a 1/2 mile loop, raced for 30 minutes. Most laps completed wins. Fee is $25, or enter the DH and ST for $40 total. Registration is at the race site, Saturday only beginning at 11 am.
To reserve a spot for Rock Climbing Clinic (NOT OPEN YET) "Climbing Clinic". The clinic is oriented to beginner and intermediate rock climbers; is led by expert climber and park manager Greg Martin. There is a limit of 10 people for the clinic. Expect it to last about 3 hours. You may bring your own gear if you have any (climbing shoes will be helpful); but the park will provide enough gear for you to try it. Climbing clinic meets at top of Vinegar Mill steps at 2 pm.
To reserve a spot for Kayak Shuttle Trip ($20) send payment HERE with note "Kayak Trip" You can indicate a preference for trip 1 (longer, more challenging - Vernon Commons to Green Bridge) or 2 (shorter, more relaxed - Green Bridge to 225W) if desired. There is a limit of 12 participants per trip. Kayak trips will meet at Shelter 2.
Camping: Designated sites can be reserved; festival style camping around Shelter 4 is $2 per person per night. Reserve the festival campingor pay cash to DINO staff.