You and four team members will ruck 15+ miles through areas such as city streets, trails and more. Rucking is walking with a weighted pack/ruck on your back. This event is for all rucking abilities as everyone on the team does not have to cover the full 15+ miles. Your team has 6 hours to finish the course or you will not earn your patch. Every event will feature a service component to it.
- Date: Saturday, May 6, 2023
- Time: Check in will start at 7:30 AM for all team members with the event kicking off at 8:00 AM
- Location: TBA - Somewhere in the greater Salt Lake City, UT metro area
Here's how it works:
- Team member #1 will ruck 3+ miles from the start to checkpoint A where they will meet up with team member #2
- Team members #1 and #2 will then together ruck 3+ miles to checkpoint B where they will meet up with team member #3
- Team members #1, #2 and #3 will then together ruck 3+ miles to checkpoint C where they will meet up with team member #4
- Team members #1, #2, #3 and #4 will then together ruck 3+ miles to checkpoint D where they will meet up with team member #5
- All five team members will then together ruck the final 3+ miles to the finish
- $14.97 through January 15, 2023
- $19.97 after January 15, 2023
- $24.97 after April 6, 2023
Other swag including shirts and sweatshirts available as an add-on for additional purchase at time of registration. Even if you don't finish the event, you will still receive this additional swag you purchased.
Age Limit: 16 and over at time of event (minors under age 18 are permitted to participate as long as a parent/guardian is present throughout the entire duration of the event as a participant or shadow)
- Patch for finishing the event
- Eligible for 1st-3rd place team awards
- Tote bag
- Pair of Bombas socks
Mandatory Participant Gear List
Every person must bring the following items. This is mandatory for the success and safety of the event. If you show up without some of these items, you may not be able to participate.
- Pack/ruck to carry your items in
- Minimum dry weight requirement inside your pack/ruck before any of the other items listed below including food and water. Men = 20 lb; Women = 10 lb. We recommend a ruck plate of some sort but it's ultimately up to you.
- Money source (cash and/or credit card) in case you need it
- Phone. It is recommended the team has at least one mobile charging source.
- Small first aid kit
- Government issued ID
- Enough water to get you through the event
- Enough nutrition/food/electrolytes to get you through the event
- 7:30 AM - Check in begins for all team members
- 8:00 AM - Event begins
- 2:00 PM - All teams must finish by this time or they will not be considered official finishers
General Team Rules
- Teams must be made up of five people. No more, no less. You are responsible for putting your own team together. We will email all registrants ahead of the event to request your team name, team members and which distance each team member will cover.
- Teams are responsible for the transport of their team members to their designated checkpoints where they enter the event.
- Team members that have officially started the event at their designated checkpoint are considered active.
- Teams will receive checkpoint A location at the start line. They will receive the checkpoint B location only when they arrive at checkpoint A. This pattern will continue throughout the event.
- Team members that are not active and have not entered the event course yet may use their time however they want.
- Team members must finish together and hit all of the designated checkpoints within 6 hours or else you will not be considered a finisher and you will not receive your patch.
- If one or more team members drop out during the event, the remaining team members may continue but they must carry the packs of the team members that dropped out. As long as the remaining team members finish within 6 hours, they will still earn their patch. However, the team is not eligible for 1st-3rd team prizes.
- Purchase of food and drinks during the event is allowed
- All laws, including traffic, must be obeyed at all times
- For real world emergencies, call 911 immediately. We will provide a contact number ahead of the event to reach a True North Endurance staff member for other issues that come up during the event.
Specific Rules for Active Team Members
- Team members that have officially started the event at their designated checkpoint are considered active
- Weight vests are not allowed. You must use a pack/ruck with shoulder straps. Ruck plate carriers are allowed.
- No motorized or transportation of any kind will be allowed
- Outside assistance (i.e. support teams) is allowed
- Active team members are allowed to carry another active team member's pack/ruck
- Active team members are allowed to carry another active team member
Distances Covered by Each Team Member
- Team member #1 - 15+ miles
- Team member #2 - 12+ miles
- Team member #3 - 9+ miles
- Team member #4 - 6+ miles
- Team member #5 - 3+ miles