GORUCK Sua Sponte Ruckers Ruck Club
Pre-Selection 12 HR
All participants must bring:
- Ruck with minimum dry weight (35 lb dry)
- *Appropriate fitness attire
- Waterproof bags
- Extra socks
- Change of clothes
- Hydration carrier
- Adequate footwear (quality military boots recommended) for ruck events
- Running shoes
- Shower shoes
- Blister kit (recommended)
- Anything else you think you may need. Use caution, may have to carry it. Hint hint
- MOTIVATION and GREAT ATTITUDE
This event is going to be tough. Not all who show up will finish within the standard. This event is limited to the first 20 athletes to register. One of a kind finishers patch, earned and never given.
This will be a challenging event and only those who give a 110% will finish. We will test you both mentally and physically through a series of scaled events modeled after those utilized in the elite **Ranger Assessment and Selection Program. If you have ever asked yourself “do I have what it takes?”, come find out! Can you survive 12 full hours of life as a Ranger?
**this event is NOT a pre-qualifier for any actual military special operations selection program. The actual Army Ranger Assessment and Selection Program (RASP) is an intense eight-week course, has two phases, followed by graduation as an Army Ranger. This event is designed for those interested in GORUCK Heavy or Selection events.
Those who finish the 12 grueling hours will earn a kick ass patch, bragging rights and a cool story.
Shorts may be worn but long pants are recommended for some events. Head gear may be worn. Uniforms may be worn by all active/guard/reserve military personnel but not required. If worn must be worn IAW AR670-1 or appropriate branch of service regulations.
- This event will be limited to 20 participants.
- Patches are earned and only those who complete all events in the 12 HR event time will earn a finishers patch.
- Check in time is 0530
- Ruck weight confirmed. 35lb dry weight minimum. (Dry weight is minus water and snacks) *
- Start time 0700
All proceeds to benefit GSB 20th Special Forces Group (Airborne) personnel and family.
*Participants responsible for bringing adequate equipment, footwear, socks, hydration and any snacks or supplements.
Water and electrolytes will be provided at event.