Cave B Estate Winery is a beautiful place located in Quincy, Washington, next door to the famous Gorge Amphitheatre overlooking the Columbia River Gorge. This trail run wanders through the Familigia Vineyards, through the sage dotted desert plateau and along the cliffs overlooking the Columbia River. It is an event for all levels: walkers, joggers, runners - a fantastic training run, beautiful views and chance to get out and enjoy the majesty of the land and nature. The Caveman 5K Roar and Pour Trail Fun Run and Wine Tasting Event is now in its 9th year. There is no other run quite like it with runners dressed as Cavemen & Cavewomen running through the vineyards and along the gorgeous gorge cliff edge. It is a ROARING good time with many amazing photo opportunities along your run (or walk). The run ends outside of our tasting room where we will praise your success and hand you a wine glass and tickets to sample four different delicious Cave B wines (our special 5K wine tasting ends by 1:15pm). Please do not take the wine glasses home with you. Enjoy live music after your run/walk by The Dimestone Prophets.
We are delighted to offer you catering from Friend's Riviera again this year for your lunch option after our 5K run. They were wildly popular last year, and well loved, so order now before they sell out. Originally from France Chef Mehdi and his wife Aleeta make delicious and healthy food. You have 3 entrees to choose from. They are delicious, plenty of food and well worth the price.
Option 1 -Harvest Steak Salad- includes organic spring mix, local Quincy apples, walnuts, Gorgonzola, cherry tomatoes, red onions, flank steak (Royal City raised beef) with homemade aged balsamic vinaigrette.
Option 2-Smoked Salmon Salad- includes organic spring mix, cherry tomatoes, pickled red onions, parmesan cheese, croutons, smoked Alaska salmon, with homemade buttermilk, lemon, dill dressing
Option 3-Mediterranean Bowl- includes falafels, basmati rice, sweet potatoes, garnished with red onion, tomatoes, cucumbers, feta and tzatziki and tahini sauce drizzle served with pita bread and kalamata olives
All food must be pre-ordered no later than April 9, 2023. It is possible they will sell out before that. We limit quantity to ensure quality and refrigeration. Each meal includes the main entree', a roll, butter pad, Carmelita Bars (carmel & chocolate chip bars), a water bottle plus your silverware/napkin. You are also welcome to bring your own picnic lunch. No alcohol other than Cave B wine is allowed on the premise per WA State Liquor laws. Bring a picnic blanket too and make a day of it.
Pre-registration before March 6, 2023 assures you of a long-sleeve racing T-shirt. You will pick up your guaranteed shirt at check-in on run day. After March 6th you will be on our "no guarantee shirt list" but if we have extras you can pick one up AFTER your run.
Run registration closes on April 16, 2023. No day of registration.
All registrants receive a bib number at check-in and water, a banana and wine tasting of four Cave B wines (if you are over 21 yrs) after your run.
Proceeds and donations for this years run will support the Stage B Amphitheater, located in front of our Quincy tasting room, in bringing FREE concerts to summer weekend guests.
Remember to come dressed as a Caveman or Cavewoman or get a group together and create your own team costumes. Prizes will be awarded for best costume, best team theme and spirit (4-6 people), best human and dog combo.
For fun we have a team option. Get together a group of friends or family members and make the event your own. Please note: If you are the team captain please register yourself as an individual, when it asks if you would like to form a team say, "yes", create a team name and then email or text your friends with the team name as they will need to register themselves. Our terrain is too uneven and rocky to not guarantee each individual person is signing a waiver and reading all forms, thus your teammates will need to register as an individual and when it says "do you want to join a team", they will say "yes". It will then ask for the team name that YOU created. They will type in that name and will be put on your team. You can decided if you want your team to be password protected or not. If you do just remember to tell your teammates your password AND your team name. Easy Peasy! At the race you and your team will find your race packet at the "Team Table".
Cave B Estate Winery is located in the center of Washington state at 348 Silica Rd NW, Quincy, WA 98848 ~2.5 hours from Seattle, head east on I-90, ~45 minutes from Ellensburg, about 50 minutes from Wenatchee down WA-28 and WA 281 or ~2.25 hours from Spokane heading west on 1-90. Come on over, join in the run and the fun.
Please note: there are no refunds or cancellations. No day of registration or kid's run this year. Every participant MUST sign a waiver to participate.
We are excited to have you join us,
The Cave B Estate Winery Team
For questions please email email@example.com
Event details and schedule
- Guaranteed Shirt Registration January 31, 2023 through March 6, 2023 online at www.Active.com
- Late registration (T-shirt no longer guaranteed) March 7, 2023 through April 16, 2023 online at www.Active.com
- Online Registration Closes Sunday, April 16, 2023
- Race Day Onsite Registration No day of registration.
- Packet Pick-up: If you plan to RUN the whole course please check-in between 9-9:30am. You may go on the course as soon as you have checked in. There will NOT be a big group start.
- If you plan to walk or walk/jog the course please spread out your check-in time. We do NOT want everyone there at 9am, instead please come anytime between 9:30 and 11am. Once you have checked in you are welcome to start the run. There will NOT be a big group start for your health & safety.
- After you complete your run/walk join us near our stage for a live performance of the band "The Dimestore Prophets" from 11am to 1pm on our Stage B Amphitheater.
- Join us for your 5K wine tasting on 4 Cave B wines including our Cavewoman White and Caveman Red (for those over 21 years of age) from 9:30am-1:15pm.
- Enjoy your pre-ordered lunch on our lawn from Friend's Riviera or bring your own picnic (no outside alcohol per state law). Pre-ordered lunches will be available for pickup from 10am-1:15pm. We encourage you to bring a picnic blanket.
- Awards will be given out at 1:00pm.
- Event ends by 1:30pm