Sandia Resort and Casino presents the 2023 Run to Break the Silence, Sunday, June 4, 2023, benefitting Presbyterian Ear Institute's School for Oral Deaf Education, where deaf and hard of hearing children, listen, learn and speak! We invite you to become a Silence Breaker by participating in a morning of fitness and fun! The 2023 Run to Break the Silence will be held in-person at Sandia Resort and Casino on Sunday, June 4, 2023 with a 5K, 10K and Kid's Fun Run.
Run to Break the Silence 2023
5K - $45
Early Bird through 4/17/2023 - $40 (Use Code EARLY BIRD at registration)
Race Day - $50
10K - $50
Early Bird through 4/17/2023 - $45 (Use Code EARLY BIRD at registration)
Race Day - $55
Kid's fun Run - $20
Early Bird through 4/17/2023 - $15 (Use Code EARLY BIRD at registration)
Race Day - $20
Event details and schedule
Packet Pick-up and Race Day Information:
- Packet Pick-Up will take place Saturday, June 3 , 10am - 2pm @ New Mexico LOOK, 6611 Menaul NE Albuquerque, NM 87110 At packet pickup, you will receive your Runner's Packet with bib, timing chip and shirt. New Mexico Look has been a generous sponsor of PEI's Run to Break the Silence for years. Please consider checking out some of the awesome New Mexico gear they have for sale while you are there!
- Day of registration will begin at 6:30am. Please stop by at this time to pick up your race packet.
- The Run will start and finish in the east parking lot of Sandia Resort and Casino, near the golf course and spa. Please use the Rainbow Road entrance as the entrance from Hummingbird Road will be blocked off for our runners. Follow the signs toward the golf course & spa and there will also be RTBS signs out to guide you. Please park in the South East lot across from where you see all the race day set-up.
- Just a reminder, there are no strollers allowed on the run course. It is a trail run with sand, some rocky, hilly points and dirt roads not conducive to strollers. However, our event is a family friendly event and strollers are allowed at all the events at the start/ finish line.
- Prizes will be awarded for the 1st – 3rd place finishers (men’s and women’s) in each age group:
- 5K: 12 and under, 13-15, 16-19, 20-24,25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, 80+
- 10K: 19& under, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, 80+
- Kids Fun Run participants will receive finishers medals.
- REGISTER BY 5/22 TO BE GUARANTEED A T-SHIRT IN YOUR REQUESTED SIZE!
- We will have two medics on site – one at the start/ finish line and one at the 10K turnaround point as well as water/ aid stations at the 5K turnaround, 10K turnaround.
- There will be refreshments available for runners including fruit, protein bars, fruit stripes, donuts, burritos and waters and Gatorades.
Race Day Schedule:
10K - 7:30 am
5K - 8:00 am
Kids Fun Run (Ages 2-6) - 9:00 am
Kids Fun Run (Ages 7-12) - 9:15 am
Awards ceremony - 10 am
RAFFLE: We will once again have a raffle! Tickets will be $5 each or 5 for $20. As items are acquired, we'll update to let you know!